2nd Great Depression: One week away from getting to the highest unemployment rate ever in America

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Welp...a fluke virus, brought America to it's knees...quick, fast, and in a hurry.:yeshrug:

Two months ago, this couldn't have been imagined. It seems like the economy/country crumbled in less than a month...:dead:

US lookin so funny in the light right now, it aint makin no sense...:whew:

Govt don't even look like they know WTF they're doing. What if this would've been some type of military attack on US soil, or existential threat? :hhh:

I don't even think, we can grasp, the changes that are gonna come from this event. shyt that isn't even on our radar. At the least, a bigger spotlight is gonna be placed on the government. fukk are these cacs doin 24/7 besides arguing, and having no plans in place. If ever was a time to hit the US, now would be the time....:lupe:

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is a difference though between The Great Depression and now: people don’t want to work.

At least here in San Diego, every store I go to is hiring. Target, Wal Mart, Supermarket, gas stations, there is opportunity to work.

Also, of those jobless, some are creating income without a specific company (Lyft/Uber, doordash, shypt, grub hub) etc.

I’m not saying it’s not bad, because I understand a middle manager not wanting to go be a stock boy, but it’s different :yeshrug:

To be fair, alot of people are avoiding those positions, and others, due to health concerns and being in position to abstain from such work...for the moment at least

....makes sense to me...risk your life to barely make enough money to make it back to work? Lol test the waters first

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
The Coli was saying how the Corona Virus is more important than the economy and how companies are just greedy:yeshrug:

This foolishness is being said by people whose jobs are either 100% safe regardless of the shutdown, or who never had jobs to begin with and don’t care.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
DatNkkaCutty said:
I don't even think, we can grasp, the changes that are gonna come from this event. shyt that isn't even on our radar.

This is the third time in recorded history something like this has happened. The first was around the 12th Century BCE, the 2nd around the 5th Century CE.

We'll be alright. It'll be 'dark' for a minute, though.......far less time than the last two times.​

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
They cut our OT a coupla weeks ago. Logging in every day of the week. Getting paid while watching movies and drinking Heineken.

Fukk it...still getting a paycheck :manny:

Yeah they cut our shyt to. We can work 5 ot hours max. But I'm trying to take advantage because I know at some point I could be furloughed too

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The onus is on the system so corrupt and unsustainable that we weren't prepared for a pandemic. Its amazing how something as simple as a virus could bring down the world economy. As a society we need to start respecting the power of nature and also build a more functional civilization equipped to handle large and complex problems like this.

wastedmermaid

Superstar
Daps
I still dont understand why we can't just hand out hazmat suits and let people get back to work :yeshrug: