Who Flipped the Pokemon Sample Better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Not trying to say anyone biting or nothing but I swear I've heard @KillSpray beat somewhere before or at least the initial/main melody.

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
damn dizzy killspray and clanarchy wehewwww

killspray, send me those 80's rock toms, NOW

:shaq:

I started mine, didn't have time to polish though

:lolbron: Yo, it's not even a special sample or anything, its just a random stock Tom sound pitched up about an octave.

Not trying to say anyone biting or nothing but I swear I've heard @KillSpray beat somewhere before or at least the initial/main melody.

Well, the main melody is taken from the Pokemon theme so ... :troll:

Just like someone mentioned on the previous page, the sample sounds a lot like a vintage Just Blaze sample, specifically "Welcome to NYC" with Cam and Jay. When I heard it, the first thing I thought was Just Blaze, so that was apart of my inspiration. And on the real, I take that as a compliment, the fact that you can mistake my beat for something you heard, presumably a "real" song, I'll take that :sas2:

doublenegative

I Heard A Dope Beat
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
The Song Maker and the SK 5
:lolbron: Yo, it's not even a special sample or anything, its just a random stock Tom sound pitched up about an octave.

Well, the main melody is taken from the Pokemon theme so ... :troll:

Just like someone mentioned on the previous page, the sample sounds a lot like a vintage Just Blaze sample, specifically "Welcome to NYC" with Cam and Jay. When I heard it, the first thing I thought was Just Blaze, so that was apart of my inspiration. And on the real, I take that as a compliment, the fact that you can mistake my beat for something you heard, presumably a "real" song, I'll take that :sas2:
The class. The humility.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This shyt still up for grabs. I left the poll open for 6 days instead of 7, but next time I might just only have it open for 5 days so things can go a lil faster.

Working on a side challenge for this week too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clanarchy, King Dizzy, and KillSpray...:damn::ohhh::lawd::ohlawd::salute:

All the beats were :whew::krs:

I have always thought of a concept album were a rapper only uses samples from 1 song, with all the fire being produced with these weekly challenges, I am even more convinced that an ill rapper can pull it off, without the album sounding sonically repetitive...

It is amazing how you can give 1 sample to 10 producers and get 20 completely different beats from it...

Sample Flipping is an AMAZING art form...

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The sample genius from the UK @clanarchy won the Pokemon sample flip challenge with a total of 13 votes and is now the Tunnel's new Sample Flip Champion.

The former champ @kingdizzy01 went out swinging real hard and made it close by getting 11 votes.

and we cannot forget the always dope and talented @KillSpray who managed to get 8 votes, putting himself once again in the top 3 in the sample challenge.

Much respect and props to all that entered. I will try and have the new thread up by this afternoon or tonight if possible. The Pokemon sample proved that patience, skill, and creativity goes a long way when flipping a beat.

:salute:

clanarchy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was a dope battle and thanks to those who threw their votes my way.
I got nice sample lined up for the next challenge.