[3/20/24] AEW Dynamite/Rampage: CHRISTIAN VS. COPELAND 3 - I QUIT

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Toni getting thick again was comeback moment of 2023
Toni got the perfect lower body :noah:
He going to start booking like he’s the 72-win Warriors team, finals excluded
73 :ufdup:
Beth Phoenix is a terrible wife. She should've been dealt with Mama Wayne.
She signed to WWE, she can’t appear on AEW :ehh:
What was the other?
Okada won the Continental Championship from Eddie Kingston :ehh:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
:what:

Takeshyta has as much a claim for a title shot as Swerve. So next week is basically a n°1 contender's match between to wrestlers that are over and have been protected all year.
Nah.
Takeshyta hasn't been in a program with the world champion, and he's not one of the top ranked contenders. According to people on this very message board, Takeshyta has been mostly M.I.A. and underused since he beat Kenny Omega.
However, even if none of that is true, and Takeshyta was a contender to Samoa Joe's belt, then his manager should've petitioned the championship committee, not Swerve. And, logically speaking, Swerve should've pointed Callis in that direction instead of accepting a match that doesn't benefit him in any way.
So, since you didn't answer my question at all, I'll ask you again: What does Swerve get out of that, though? There is no upside for him, and there is no reward for him in accepting Callis's challenge. Logically, Swerve is risking his spot and an "injury" instead of going straight at the champion. First, Swerve let Adam Page sidetrack him, and now Don Callis, after he beats Takeshyta, some other random will insert themself into Swerve's title quest, and Mr. Strickland will likely once again accept their challenge like a goof.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Nah.
Takeshyta hasn't been in a program with the world champion, and he's not one of the top ranked contenders. According to people on this very message board, Takeshyta has been mostly M.I.A. and underused since he beat Kenny Omega.
However, even if none of that is true, and Takeshyta was a contender to Samoa Joe's belt, then his manager should've petitioned the championship committee, not Swerve. And, logically speaking, Swerve should've pointed Callis in that direction instead of accepting a match that doesn't benefit him in any way.
So, since you didn't answer my question at all, I'll ask you again: What does Swerve get out of that, though? There is no upside for him, and there is no reward for him in accepting Callis's challenge. Logically, Swerve is risking his spot and an "injury" instead of going straight at the champion. First, Swerve let Adam Page sidetrack him, and now Don Callis, after he beats Takeshyta, some other random will insert themself into Swerve's title quest, and Mr. Strickland will likely once again accept their challenge like a goof.
They're both 4-1. Take has beat Darby and Jericho and lost to Will. Swerve has beat Jeff Hardy and RVD and drew with Hangman. Ospreay could have also thrown his hat in but he got goaded by Bryan into a dream match. Right now they're kayfabe the strongest non-title holding singles competitors. And since Swerve appears to be a baby now he accepted the challenge so that there's no doubt that he's the guy.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
They're both 4-1. Take has beat Darby and Jericho and lost to Will. Swerve has beat Jeff Hardy and RVD and drew with Hangman. Ospreay could have also thrown his hat in but he got goaded by Bryan into a dream match. Right now they're kayfabe the strongest non-title holding singles competitors. And since Swerve appears to be a baby now he accepted the challenge so that there's no doubt that he's the guy.
I get that, but it's still a stupid decision on Swerve's part to accept Callis's challenge. It's illogical, just like it was illogical for Swerve to allow Adam Page to insert himself into the last title match. If Swerve were smart, he would've declined Callis's challenge, or told Callis to petition the championship committee. Swerve should only be focused on winning Samoa Joe's belt. Swerve needs to learn to say no everybody else.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Rocky's theme got me like

white-chicks-dancing.gif

Rocky need to retire that bullshyt and play that :

ROPPONGI
ROPPONGI

ROPPONGI VICE!!

this new cmll theme is huff as hell.

Art Barr

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Nah.
This is like hearing Bryan Alvarez :scust: if that's the path you wanna take breh, you do you.

Your next world champions racking up quality Ws is all the logic I need. The more more marches he wins against people they crowd cares about, the better. And Takeshyta adds the bonus of having dope matches, which for the AEW audiencie is essential for keeping someone over. So I do believe the match works and serves a number of purposes both in kayfabe and out of it.