3 Generational Kings of Hip Hop

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Ok but let’s be real what are Coles classic albums? For me it will always be Forrest hills drive. Drake dropped Views the same time for her eyes only and dropped Scorpion when Cole dropped Kod which both in my opinion are the stronger albums.
That's your opinion and I respect it. Mine is different. Drake has 2 classic albums imo: Take Care and NWTS

Cole has 2 imo: 2014 FHD and, more from a personal quality perspective, 4YEO

The concept of the album was dope. And that title track is one of the greatest songs of this millenium. I won't argue about this

There isn't any other Drake album that stacks up to his 2 classics he made. Thank Me Later was cool. Might be considered a classic in the future off those classic singles alone

Those 2 albums after that were his prime in my eyes

The Off-Season is Cole's greatest album to me. No skips, lyrically sharp, production is fresh and different unlike his previous work that had those critiques, and it was a focused effort. A future classic that will probably be fully appreciated by many after he retires

The concept of honing his craft and just rapping. Basketball and hip hop, something Cole has always used as a dichotomy

Drake hasn't really made a consistent "focused" album since NWTS. Even KOD was for the most part. It may have not always translated well on every track. Regardless, that album had meaning. Purpose. It was deep. It just wasn't listenable

That's really the difference. Cole makes music that means alot. Not that Drake doesn't. Cole's just means more. Drake makes music that sounds great. Not that Cole doesn't. That's all it is

2 of the best to do it

"This watch came from Drizzy, he gave me a gift
Back when the rap game was prayin' I'd diss
They act like two legends cannot coexist"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Real talk it switches a lot for me for that third spot between Future and Cole.

That Beast mode, 56 Nights, DS2, Evol, Purple Rain, Future and HNDRXX run was impeccable.

:banderas:
future got the third spot for me. i don't FW drake like that, but objectively, he is/was that nikka for the decade. i liked cole early on but his albums never had replay value for me and them puberty bars he had all over FHD were cringe.

• Dap
Reactions: SNG

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
nikka how you going to forget 21.
People sleep on his artistry. Ever since he blew in 2016, alot of listeners shytted on him. Wrote him off as a meme

The moment I heard this song on the album he dropped that year is when he earned my respect

Savage Mode, Savage Mode 2, Without Warning, and I am > i was are all quality. 21 still doesnt get his respect he deserves from all sides of the genre. He's probably top 5 off that XXL freshman cover

Edit: (off topic)Denzel, Kodak and Paak are up there. Herbo. Even though Uzi is satanic, he's talented. Dave East. Yachty has been evolving and is slept on too artistically

shyt even Desiigner is still making good music

Only person I cant cosign off there is Lil dikky. He's a vulture.

But this generation of artists and the post 2008 ones as a whole don't get the love they should. Kendrick, Cole, KRIT, Drake, Sean, Wale, Chance, Joey, etc included

This will change just like it always does when a new era starts

• Dap
Reactions: SNG

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People sleep on his artistry. Ever since he blew in 2016, alot of listeners shytted on him. Wrote him off as a meme

The moment I heard this song on the album he dropped that year is when he earned my respect

Savage Mode, Savage Mode 2, Without Warning, and I am > i was are all quality. 21 still doesnt get his respect he deserves from all sides of the genre. He's probably top 5 off that XXL freshman cover

Edit: (off topic)Denzel, Kodak and Paak are up there. Herbo. Even though Uzi is satanic, he's talented. Dave East. Yachty has been evolving and is slept on too artistically

shyt even Desiigner is still making good music

Only person I cant cosign off there is Lil dikky. He's a vulture.

But this generation of artists and the post 2008 ones as a whole don't get the love they should. Kendrick, Cole, KRIT, Drake, Sean, Wale, Chance, Joey, etc included

This will change just like it always does when a new era starts

I think he does. I don’t know too many people who don’t like 21 savage plus he has his own sound to him. Honestly the 2010’s I always say was like another 90’s golden age of hip hop there’s a lot of talented rappers that were in that era. The shyt now reminds me of the mid 2000’s where the south was dominating the air waves but the talent and few standouts wasn’t.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Bruh relax, your hot take aint even that hot or a take :mjlol:

This the same boring discussion nikkas been have the last 10 years.
All I see on here in The Booth is Jay vs Nas, Drake, how Drill is destroying hip hop, and Ice Spice. Thats it. There is little to no love shown for the newer generations on here. The threads that actually bring something of value in here get no traction

It's almost like an echochamber. This isnt a hot take or debate thread. Imma have to put you on ignore too. Idk why yall are on forums if you dont like reading words on forums

JUSTIN HERBERT

All Star
Daps
All I see on here in The Booth is Jay vs Nas, Drake, how Drill is destroying hip hop, and Ice Spice. Thats it. There is little to no love shown for the newer generations on here. The threads that actually bring something of value in here get no traction

It's almost like an echochamber. This isnt a hot take or debate thread. Imma have to put you on ignore too. Idk why yall are on forums if you dont like reading words on forums
You’re boring