3 Marines die of carbon monoxide poisoning. Can someone get in here and explain this to me?

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Running your AC on high while parked can kill you? :mjtf:

Can someone confirm this? Cause I admit, in this heat in the last couple of weeks, I've done it a few times :patrice:

I'm still confused. So y'all saying that if the car is running, there's a chance Imma die? Or is it just if there's a leak?

I think I'm going to buy a portable carbon monoxide detector, can't be outchere taking chances :patrice:
Yea I definitely do the same 😳

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Running your AC on high while parked can kill you? :mjtf:

Can someone confirm this? Cause I admit, in this heat in the last couple of weeks, I've done it a few times :patrice:

I'm still confused. So y'all saying that if the car is running, there's a chance Imma die? Or is it just if there's a leak?

I think I'm going to buy a portable carbon monoxide detector, can't be outchere taking chances :patrice:

There would have to be a leak or you're in a confined space for it to happen. These were young Marines, they probably had a beater and were making a alcohol run or hot boxing and didn't notice anyone getting woozy

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
sometimes I wonder about some of yall

No running your AC while parked won’t kill you :mjtf:

Now running your car in enclosed area where the fumes can’t dissipate can kill you, like a garage all night. Some people even run a hose from the muffler to inside the car to do it

Daps
sometimes I wonder about some of yall

No running your AC while parked won’t kill you :mjtf:

Now running your car in enclosed area where the fumes can’t dissipate can kill you, like a garage all night. Some people even run a hose from the muffler to inside the car to do it

This is what I thought. That's why I was trying to figure out what brehs was talking about. :dahell:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This is what I thought. That's why I was trying to figure out what brehs was talking about. :dahell:
a clogged exhaust in the right circumstances can do the job just as well. people see that outcome whenever they get stuck in snow roadside and run their heat to stay warm. it doesn't *have* to be a certain, consistent type of enclosure across the board

also, when you're drinking any lightheadedness isn't some cause for alarm either lol... that's the goal.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
70473110007-combo.jpg

This story is captivating me because my dad and I were actually having a carbon monoxide discussion a week ago, and he told me that he believes that carbon monoxide doesn't instantly kill you. It takes time. And everything I've seen online seems to line up with that.

So I can't for the life of me figure out what could have happened to these marines. Not even one of them felt that something was wrong, started feeling sick?

Something seems off.
You can’t smell it, and by the time u notice something wrong you are already poisoned. It’s not like you are just suffocating Nf need air. It actually dissolves in your blood and makes your blood toxic.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I always assumed marines made money

Nah breh, if they living in the barracks they taking home like ~2K a month. A lot of then just like to spend half of that on a muscle car :dead:

Otherwise their housing and food is taken care of so they can get by with being a little reckless financially

Sniper

All Star
Daps
70473110007-combo.jpg

This story is captivating me because my dad and I were actually having a carbon monoxide discussion a week ago, and he told me that he believes that carbon monoxide doesn't instantly kill you. It takes time. And everything I've seen online seems to line up with that.

So I can't for the life of me figure out what could have happened to these marines. Not even one of them felt that something was wrong, started feeling sick?

Something seems off.

There was a carbon monoxide leak in the car, they had the windows up got tired and probably parked to rest.

With the leak they all got poisoned which made then tired and felt that they needed to rest. Which led to their deaths.

Or they parked to take a nap with the AC on and if there's a leak, they went to sleep and never woke up.