31-year-old teacher quit her job. Now she works at Costco—and boosted her income by 50%: ‘I've never been happier'

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
I know a teacher and she said the worst part about teaching isn't dealing with the kids.

It's dealing with the parents.

I posted about Eric Thomas yesterday and dude actually had a point about this:

Last edited:

Loggie

All Star
Daps
Slightly less, and that was after 1 day at Cosco compared to 8 years experience teaching.

I made $32,500 the first year I taught and that's in fukking California with Los Angeles cost of living. Putting in 55-60 hour weeks every week while having to do an unpaid internship during the summer for my credential, unpaid observations of other teachers all year for my credential, and taking classes for my credential and master's degree all summer and on saturdays for two years. Not to mention how much fukking work went into my master's thesis that I was having to write the same time I was teaching full time and still taking courses too....and then the moment I finally finish, over $60k in student loans started coming due.

This is for someone with a top-level STEM degree who could have easily made 2-3 times that first year out with my bachelor's degree alone.
Makes you wonder where all that lotto money goes. Tax dollars and why admin gets paid so much.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Makes you wonder where all that lotto money goes. Tax dollars and why admin gets paid so much.

Lotto is a scam, it doesn't meaningfully increase school funding, they just cut other funding sources in response.

Overall I don't know a lot about school funding, I focus more on teaching and teachers. So I don't really have an opinion over whether there are major inefficiencies or not.