31 years ago the greatest baseball player of all time made his debut

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Griffey was THAT nikka period. Breh had the most swag of any baseball player. If he was around today nikkas would actually think baseball was cool

he my 2nd goat after bonds. If he didn’t get injured all those cincy years (and 95 with Seattle) his HR numbers would even crazier

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
he had the greatest swing of all time, but the greatest player is still the say hey kid.

griffey's swing is how i envision the son of a ball player should be. austin river's shooting hitch dumbfounds me to this day. you might not get your father's will to succeed, ability or athleticism, but you should have the mechanics of the sport down to perfection.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
The Majors needs black superstars. I wonder if we'll see them if more of the black would be RBs -WRs and DBs choose baseball

Baseball just doesn't grab black folks like that anymore. Basketball / Football are as much cultures as they are sports.

Baseball didn't stick around long enough to reach that level within the black community.

I don't see a way in for baseball, and I think MLB is too far removed to be the ones to figure it out.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I hated that Mariners team in the mid-90s because they were so good.

They blew it in 95-97. Should've won at least 1 title with those monsters.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
The Big hurt was my guy

but griffey was that dude, we used to do that swing all the time