35F freaks out because men desire to date younger women

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
(35F) was talking to a close friend (34M) yesterday. We’ve both recently broken up from our respective long term partners, so we end up chatting about relationships and future a lot. His previous partner was 28, and she was amazing. They broke up because he wants kids and she isn’t sure yet. Fair enough. So when I asked him “what’s the youngest that you’ll date”, his answer left me shell shocked. He said 23! TWENTY FREAKING THREE! I felt so grossed out for some reason. And then he made matters worse by saying he has a friend that’s 38M who is in a very fulfilling relationship with a 21F. I visibly gagged. Am I missing something here? I personally think a 30s something man dating an early 20s woman is just yuck, and these men are just taking advantage of someone that’s young and doesn’t have enough life experience to make informed decisions. I won’t even go into grooming etc. because that’s another rant in it’s own. Oh also, the youngest this friend would date? 33F 🫠 “because I want time to have healthy kids and women post 35 have high risk pregnancies”. Mind you he is a RESIDENT DOCTOR. This somehow made me feel worse as a 35F that wants kids in the future, but just got out of a 5 year relationship so need to regroup before I can date with the right mindset. This is definitely one of those days that makes me go “ugh men…” 😅

ETA: I don’t want to date my friend. I was just sharing something that made me feel uncomfortable. I am not opposed to age gaps, but there is a difference in a 30s someone dating a younger 20s someone, and a 40s someone dating a 30s someone.

As someone pointed out very correctly, this did trigger me given circumstances. I’m in therapy to work through all of that. But I will die on this hill. A 38 year old dating a 21 year old is NOT OKAY.

Shawty freaking out men her age are choosing younger women :mjlol:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Women are excellent manipulators.

She's mad because she feels insulted that men prefer women younger than her so she gaslights the man by calling the interaction creepy.

Failing to realize she's infantalizing grown female adults.

Women really be saying anything to assuage their ego.

Far more egotistical then men.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Women are excellent manipulators. She's mad because she feels insulted that men prefer women younger than her so she gaslights the man by calling the interaction creepy. Failing to realize she's infantalizing grown female adults. Women really be saying anything to assuage their ego. Far more egotistical then men.

It’s player hating since they’re competition now. When she was in her LTR. Out of sight, out of mind.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Cats gotta learn to weaponize/profit from these insecurities.

There's a multi-billion dollar industry in skin care.

Who spends the most?

35+ broads.

The more you can tap into a pathology of a group of people, the more you can profit.

And with said money, you can assuage your own pathologies...

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“and these men are just taking advantage of someone that’s young and doesn’t have enough life experience to make informed decisions. I won’t even go into grooming etc. because that’s another rant in it’s own”

How can you groom a fully grown woman? :dahell:
It's a trick card

The idea behind this tactic is "Well if he's dating a 21 year old, when did he meet her? Most likely when she was in high school. Yea he definitely groomed her"

It's speculation meant to lead you to the worst possible outcome in thought. A lot of women's manipulation tactics revolve around assuming and conceiving the worst

Last edited:

broller

Veteran
Daps
Women are excellent manipulators.

She's mad because she feels insulted that men prefer women younger than her so she gaslights the man by calling the interaction creepy.

Failing to realize she's infantalizing grown female adults.

Women really be saying anything to assuage their ego.

Far more egotistical then men.
Facts. I promise you she'd think differently if she were the 23 year old and wanted to do something and someone said she's not mature enough to make an informed decision