4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slikkp

Pro
Daps
Call me crazy but I think Devin beats Tank as well.

Tank has to set traps in order to get off his power shots, Ryan does not.

Devin with a good gameplan and physical advantages could beat Tank :hubie:
Devin lost this fight in part because Ryan didn't respect his power. Also if the fight were to happen it would be at 135 because Devin lost all bargaining power.

Do you think Tank will respect Devin's power after already getting cracked by Rolly and Ryan?

How did the Haney "game plan" go on Saturday?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Watching this and looking at the distance control Tank established in the first round...man I firmly believe if Devin kept his jab going he would've coasted through this fight. He fell asleep at the wheel and Ryan took advantage :snoop:

Devin is insecure, he wanted to out do tank paired with him thinking he finally got some pop (as he was insecure for not getting any KOs in forever). Looking back his pride got in the way from taking the bet which was bait, to buying in to chasing the puncher.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He said 50 million

PBC just posted this...lol

Ryan claims to have made 30 million against tank. Oscar and Tank did not deny his claims btw so I do not think he was lying.

For this fight, he bet 2 million on himself and won 12 million on top of whatever purse and PPV this fight generated. Could be he earns between 30-50 million. Who knows? Insane amount of money either way for a guy who’s never been a champion in the sport btw.

Unprecedented. I was telling my friends that I totally forgot about the Canelo Mungia fight and that nothing outside of Canelo getting KOd is gonna surpass what Ryan did in beating Devon. I also think this might do more PPVs than Canelos fight. We’ll see though as cinco de mayo is like a national Boxing Day so Canelo has the advantage.

No matter what, we can’t deny it: Ryan got the juice now. :banderas:

#ryanbomaye
#wherebillat?
#blessedandhighlyfavored

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Yup. I've said for awhile now that everyone wants to turn Wilder into some defensive monster who'll set traps and pop-shot an opponent down. Work off the jab, counter-punch, Lennox Lewis style, etc. That was the wrong approach.

I always thought Wilder's best coach would've been someone who built an offense for him. Play into Wilder's strengths:
Enormous Punching Power
Hand Speed
Lightning fast Foot Speed able to jump in and out

Learn how to combine those together to form someone who knows how to drop a bomb from an angle. That's what I wanted for Wilder as he's so much quicker than all other heavyweights, but got the nuke option. Imagine 6'7 Pacquiao with insane Lennox Lewis/Mike Tyson one punch power.

Plus it would've been way more in-line with his tendencies. The guy wants to go forward, so give him the tools to maximize it and teach him to right way to do it. Every trainer looked at his punching power, but for some reason neglected what would really make dude a mismatch at heavyweight: his foot speed. The guy was a football player - the ability to make cuts and change of direction is all there. No one has taught him how to be offensive with his footwork and that's one of the biggest crimes in boxing where the people were robbed of seeing someone truly special in that division.

You won't need Floyd defense if your offense makes people not want to throw punches. Tyson Fury would've been toast if Wilder knew how to use aggressive angles, in-and-out footspeed, feints and turns like a real pro. A tall Pacquaio/Loma type of fighter with Lennox Lewis/Tyson type of power at Heavyweight is what I want to see and that could've been Wilder but nobody thought to do it. The physical traits were there, but nobody refined the technique because they're too obsessed with thinking in one way: tall fighter with punching power -> turn them into Lennox Lewis automatically. No creativity.

100% agree breh. So fukking right. This is why even though I think Malik Scott is a good coach, he is all wrong for Wilder. It's crazy how so many coaches want to not accentuate Wilder's talents. Now that you bring up Pacquiao, a coach like Freddy Roach would have been amazing for Wilder. He would have built on Wilder's athleticism and power and make him so dangerous in the ring

Look at what Freddy Roach has done to Mungia. Similar in style ironically. Athletic, awkward footwork, punching power. He made Mungia have more decisive moves, and made the opposing fighters not willing to just barge in on him.

Can you imagine what Freddy Roach or Derrick James could have done with someone with these athletic gifts? :wow:

Dude literally did a fukking Euro-step to KO someone

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Was was crazy to me was how the broadcast team tried to cover for Haney, from scoring to the narrative

like really badly

like “wow would you look at the way he took that shot!! How is he standing!”

to

the scoring

to the post fight covering for Haney
I think Devin won about 6-7 rounds, the knockdown gave it to ryan. as much as Ryan won this loss goes on haneys attitude towards the fight and preparation. Shakur who he has a little beef with said he understood how they got here, fans be demanding knockouts and showings, shyt got to devin head. You gotta do what it does best. Shakur said fukk them fans, they gonna shyt on u and turn on you when you lose. He a real one for supporting his brotha in defeat. He also wasn't holding his right hand close to his face enough. He'll get better from this he needs a real coach in his corner cause bill wasn't telling his son what he needed to know. No reason you should be front front footing ryan all fight, bad gameplan bad attitude got to him.

What I find wild is the media excusing ryan for missing weight, wonder if spence said fukk the belts and missed weight? I'd called him a hoe ass nikka and that's my man. Some figthers are hated to the point that it shows when they lose.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Ryan is about to get pushed like crazy after this....he is the cash cow until he isn't anymore...I suspect he gets a showcase fight in Vegas or even 2 before he fights somebody like Ennis or a rematch with Haney next year...Haney should not take that fight ...gotta chalk that shyt up and get back in the lab. It will be Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor 2 ...the mega fight is Garcia vs Bud at 154...hope we get that one day

crazy how the casuals has really forgotten about Vergil Ortiz since he passed out trying to make 147. I remember everybody was supposed to waiting on Boots vs Vergil as the next big 147 showdown. Now it looks like its shifted to Garcia vs Boots mega fight at 147!!!

I dont know what Vergil is doing at 154 now. I heard oscar say he is ready for Crawford so hopefully he gets that to test where he is. and whoever wins that fight should fight the winner of boots vs garcia. that would be exciting if it could happen no later than next year!!! Both boots and garcia already said they are willing to fight crawford, so it shouldnt be problem.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Ryan is about to get pushed like crazy after this....he is the cash cow until he isn't anymore...I suspect he gets a showcase fight in Vegas or even 2 before he fights somebody like Ennis or a rematch with Haney next year...Haney should not take that fight ...gotta chalk that shyt up and get back in the lab. It will be Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor 2 ...the mega fight is Garcia vs Bud at 154...hope we get that one day
You gotta be trolling

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
100% agree breh. So fukking right. This is why even though I think Malik Scott is a good coach, he is all wrong for Wilder. It's crazy how so many coaches want to not accentuate Wilder's talents. Now that you bring up Pacquiao, a coach like Freddy Roach would have been amazing for Wilder. He would have built on Wilder's athleticism and power and make him so dangerous in the ring

Look at what Freddy Roach has done to Mungia. Similar in style ironically. Athletic, awkward footwork, punching power. He made Mungia have more decisive moves, and made the opposing fighters not willing to just barge in on him.

Can you imagine what Freddy Roach or Derrick James could have done with someone with these athletic gifts? :wow:

Dude literally did a fukking Euro-step to KO someone

You see it. How many Heavyweights can move like that? I don't know how people didn't think to leverage that foot speed offensively with know-how technique creating even more angles for it. That's literally an unfair advantage at those weights. No current heavyweight would've had he answer. Instead these trainers focused too much on what he couldn't do.

So yeah that style, but at 6'7 :wow: dude would be able to play shenanigans from distance like few fighters would be able to.

The fact he can jump back so far away and close in quick afterwards makes his effective fighting range much more than a slow tall fighter with a jab.

There's nothing to tell me this guy would not have been absolutely devastating with Roach and Pac Man as a trainer and in-camp giving him game. Again, potentially a 6'7 Pacquiao with Lennox Lewis/Mike Tyson leveling power.

The funny thing is how much less fighters would be absolutely hesitant to throw punches against that, especially with Wilder feinting fighters out their shoes and get them off-balance like Pacman does. That's like an F-35 Lightning II vs a Cargo plane. Man, what could've been.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Haney loses to all belt holders at 140

And Teofimo Lopez is absolutely the worst matchup for him. Matias is the 2nd worst

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
If
Call me crazy but I think Devin beats Tank as well.

Tank has to set traps in order to get off his power shots, Ryan does not.

Devin with a good gameplan and physical advantages could beat Tank :hubie:
you nikkas got to be smoking that crack rock. tank makes easy work of Haney.

At 140 Haney is food imo, iv been saying this for a while.

there is a reason why his fans didnt want him to fight Matias or Teo.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
If

Styles make fights. I wanted him to fight matias and teo idk what u talking about lol . Them dudes way slower with hands and much shorter height/weight. Totally different fights.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
If

I never thought he could beat tank but at least compete. Same with Matias I thought at least he could box him off the jab but the things I saw this fight was the problems I thought he fixed. He’s a game plan fighter and doesn’t know how to make good in fight adjustments. That first hook in round 1 should’ve opened his eyes to take Ryan’s left hand away and he didn’t do it. Just kept getting hit by the same punch. Now his chin has really been exposed people will walk through him now. If they don’t feel the power coming from those punches they will press the hell out him. Defensively wasn’t responsible had a habit of lowering his right hand. Couldn’t do shyt on the inside vs a guy his size.