4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
We've seen guys get destroyed...knocked out. Come back. Get real. And he was obviously wasn't himself.
Sure, sometimes we see that, also sometimes we don’t, that’s why I said we don’t know yet, can’t outright dismiss the possibility of Spence being shot after that night.

Lol @ get real but right in the next sentence you write he wasn’t himself. He just met someone better.
And what makes u think he will be “himself” in the future then?

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Is Ryan Garcia naturally left handed despite being orthodox? It's just hitting me that he's fighting orthodox but all his pop is in his left hand......

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
where there no contracts and clauses in his last fight :dwillhuh:

A fighter would have to threaten to cancel if Ryan don't come in on weight, because Ryan has enough money where a fine is not a deterrent.

However the thing is Ryan is the A side to most fights and is a money fight, so if fighter cancels they could pass up on a big payday

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Yo, the more I go over this in my mind, all extraneous details and valid reasons aside, I think the biggest thing is that the lights were simply too bright for Devin :wow:

In going about my daily stuff I peek at to start my week EVERYONE is talking about this fight. The plan worked. Bill played the pro wrestling hype man, they made good business decisions and charted a course once they saw a lane and kept raising the brand and legitimacy with good moves and good fights.

He finally went from being the "boring" e-mail champ to someone everyone is talking about. And on the night of culmination to finally go over and be that guy on a MAINSTREAM level, his brain short-circuited and he got caught slipping literally from the opening bell. He looked confused and frozen, almost like it was so overwhelming at times that he was just in the pocket with dude waiting to get hit. Ryan always had a chance in this but nowhere did I envision the possibility that it would mean Devin getting beat the fukk up and looking sloppy and afraid most of the fight.

Bill too. nikkas drove that car from Guadalajara, Mexico to the Promised Land for thousands and thousands of miles. Got there. Saw how fukking giant and scary that bridge to cross looked, looked at each other and said "nikka we ain't never been this far" :wow:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Yo, the more I go over this in my mind, all extraneous details and valid reasons aside, I think the biggest thing is that the lights were simply too bright for Devin :wow:

In going about my daily stuff I peek at to start my week EVERYONE is talking about this fight. The plan worked. Bill played the pro wrestling hype man, they made good business decisions and charted a course once they saw a lane and kept raising the brand and legitimacy with good moves and good fights.

He finally went from being the "boring" e-mail champ to someone everyone is talking about. And on the night of culmination to finally go over and be that guy on a MAINSTREAM level, his brain short-circuited and he got caught slipping literally from the opening bell. He looked confused and frozen, almost like it was so overwhelming at times that he was just in the pocket with dude waiting to get hit. Ryan always had a chance in this but nowhere did I envision the possibility that it would mean Devin getting beat the fukk up and looking sloppy and afraid most of the fight.

Bill too. nikkas drove that car from Guadalajara, Mexico to the Promised Land for thousands and thousands of miles. Got there. Saw how fukking giant and scary that bridge to cross looked, looked at each other and said "nikka we ain't never been this far" :wow:
Yes and no.

There's some truth to that im sure.

But at the same time, it's kinda straightforward, Devin got rocked (big time rocked) in the first 30 seconds by a big opponent with a powerful, lead hand and 3.2 pounds advantage from the jump.

I saw a post today that highlighted various champs with unusual power in one or both hands (Pacquiao, Wilder, Pryor, Garcia etc.)

You can't really train for phenomena power, it's an unknown for any opponent to deal with.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Yes and no.

There's some truth to that im sure.

But at the same time, it's kinda straightforward, Devin got rocked (big time rocked) in the first 30 seconds by a big opponent with a powerful, lead hand and 3.2 pounds advantage from the jump.

I saw a post today that highlighted various champs with unusual power in one or both hands (Pacquiao, Wilder, Pryor, Garcia etc.)

You can't really train for phenomena power, it's an unknown for any opponent to deal with.
I'm not really tripping off the power because I knew Ryan had it. And it's not even that Devin got hit with it, it's that he couldn't not get hit with it. I understand the first shot rocked him, but in the rounds he was winning it seemed like he had recovered enough to dictate things. But then he had so many defensive lapses that had him getting tagged super flush. Now, after he was getting dropped the dam just burst, but aside from that, I'm just not used to seeing dude just standing there to be hit and being that sloppy with his exits.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I'm not really tripping off the power because I knew Ryan had it. And it's not even that Devin got hit with it, it's that he couldn't not get hit with it. I understand the first shot rocked him, but in the rounds he was winning it seemed like he had recovered enough to dictate things. But then he had so many defensive lapses that had him getting tagged super flush. Now, after he was getting dropped the dam just burst, but aside from that, I'm just not used to seeing dude just standing there to be hit and being that sloppy with his exits.

Devin really underestimated Ryan and thought he could just walk him down.:wow:

I don't think it was too big a stage, he simply didn't consider anything other than coming out with a W. He was riding the high of beating Loma and Regis back to back, and thought Ryan was damn near out the sport.:wow: