4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
The Teofimo situation was not even remotely the same. That fight was closer, Teofimo was knocked down once on a flash knockdown, came back in the fight and was able to knock Kambosos down in the mid to later rounds. Devin took a 12 round beating, was knocked down 3 times, and really the fight should have been ended. I don't care that Devin is 25, I can't think of one elite fighter who was punished that bad and was able to get back to it and continue to be elite. I don't see that happening with Devin.
Physically, he will be fine. You're acting like he received a life altering beating. It is clear that some of you are trying to spread to the legend of that cheat. Haney won 6 to 7 rounds so how was it it a 12 round beating?

fukking fool.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
At the end of the day once Devin agreed to go forward with the fight even after Ryan came in heavy means that the weight excuse is null and void. If it's that big of a deal don't fight him until he makes weight. Besides I like Haney, been vocal about him since before he ever got a belt, but I didn't like what I saw in some occasions in that fight. I didn't like how he reacted to Ryan's punches and I didn't like how defensively irresponsible he allowed himself to get. Weight alone isn't the reason he lost, hell he got caught with a left hook that had him wobbly less than 30 seconds into the fight, I'm sorry but even if he won it was always gonna be a tough night for him.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Physically, he will be fine. You're acting like he received a life altering beating. It is clear that some of you are trying to spread to the legend of that cheat. Haney won 6 to 7 rounds so how was it it a 12 round beating?

fukking fool.
Ok, none of us will know if he will be successful going forward until we see him against top opposition. Winning rounds doesn't equate to not getting a beating. Some fighters win rounds and even fights but get a beating. Example is Pacquaio vs Thurman, where Pacquaio knocked Keith down and hurt him many times but in return he received a vicious beating and had to go to the hospital afterwards. That was also a 12 round fight. These things happen. Im not a Devin hater but a lot of professionals and fans who have critiqued the fight say he was beat down and will need to take some time off.

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean Ruiz beat the breaks off of AJ and he bounced back just fine :manny:
AJ had already knocked Ruiz down, was finishing the deal carelessly, and got super rocked by a side of the ear punch

The entire fight he was wobbly and got dropped many times after, never looking like the same man again the entire fight

1000% different than never having any success in the fight and gettnig rocked 30 seconds into the 1st right. This was more Spence than AJ

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A weight bully … uses his size :dame:to BULLY you … uses those extra pounds to absorb shots… has the extra stamina to throw hella punches because he didn’t drain himself

There was nothing about Ryan’s performance that was being a weight bully… nikka threw 20 punches a round had zero stamina … Devin should be fukking thankful Ryan was overweight cuz if he was in fighting shape throwing 40-50 punches around he’d be brain damaged rn

Haneys wanted to blow up in weight again that’s why there was zero rehydration clauses … Yall complaining about the weight gotta stop

N why tf are you drained in only your 2nd fight at 140 N you last fought in December :childplease:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
AJ had already knocked Ruiz down, was finishing the deal carelessly, and got super rocked by a side of the ear punch

The entire fight he was wobbly and got dropped many times after, never looking like the same man again the entire fight

1000% different than never having any success in the fight and gettnig rocked 30 seconds into the 1st right. This was more Spence than AJ

Yall need to stop capping. How you win half the rounds and not having ANY success. This is like saying Plant didnt have any success against Beni. Yea he got packed up at the end of the day but to say he had no success is a bit much.

Boxing discourse is so emotional and hyperbolic :dead:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ok, none of us will know if he will be successful going forward until we see him against top opposition. Winning rounds doesn't equate to not getting a beating. Some fighters win rounds and even fights but get a beating. Example is Pacquaio vs Thurman, where Pacquaio knocked Keith down and hurt him many times but in return he received a vicious beating and had to go to the hospital afterwards. That was also a 12 round fight. These things happen. Im not a Devin hater but a lot of professionals and fans who have critiqued the fight say he was beat down and will need to take some time off.

Exactly.

Nobody saying Haney ain't win some rds, but the nikka was getting buzzed and hurt even in the rounds he controlled. If you get hurt 9x in a 12 rd fight without getting stopped, you prolly took a beating. When's the last time someone got dropped 3x and hurt multiple times and that shyt is not considered a beating. :mjlol:

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Exactly.

Nobody saying Haney ain't win some rds, but the nikka was getting buzzed and hurt even in the rounds he controlled. If you get hurt 9x in a 12 rd fight without getting stopped, you prolly took a beating. When's the last time someone got dropped 3x and hurt multiple times and that shyt is not considered a beating. :mjlol:
Yup. On top of the fact that mentally Devin was humbled, and we have seen fighters not come back mentally from such taxing fights. His confidence will definitely take a hit. More often than not when a fighter is hurt like Devin was and dropped repeatedly, they end up getting stopped again within their first few comeback fights. On top of the fact that although Devin has been around for some time, he is still a very young fighter with only a limited amount of big fight experience. All of his big fights have come in the last 2 years. Guys like Joshua or say a Sergey Kovalev were well established in their careers before getting a beating and/or getting stopped. If you ask me it is harder for a 25 year old to come back from a beating like that, than a vet. Devin will come back and win fights and probably titles too, but he will not be doing it against the very top. I do not see him beating Teofimo (if Teofimo is focused) or Matias. 147 has emptied out or is about to completely empty out, so he will probably move up quickly to avoid those fighters. Anyone thinking his career doesn't need to be carefully navigated from here on out is fooling themselves, especially because Devin has holes in his game AND lacks any power. I promise you he will not be getting any respect in big fights against fighters who could/can/will stop him.

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall need to stop capping. How you win half the rounds and not having ANY success. This is like saying Plant didnt have any success against Beni. Yea he got packed up at the end of the day but to say he had no success is a bit much.

Boxing discourse is so emotional and hyperbolic :dead:
I’m not no fukking casual my guy

Just winning rounds isn’t no real success, when you never hurt your man once and you had to rise from the canvas 6x lmao

By your definition any guy that wins rounds in any fight had some “success”

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I’m not no fukking casual my guy

Just winning rounds isn’t no real success, when you never hurt your man once and you had to rise from the canvas 6x lmao

By your definition any guy that wins rounds in any fight had some “success”
I think the arguing going on in this thread post fight night has to do with semantics. Like, do we have to define success and beat down? Really? It's dumb. A guy winning can take a round off and someone else will say"see, the other guy had success these rounds". I think you have to look at the fight in totality to access what really happened, and disregard individual rounds. Nobody said anything about Errol Spence winning rounds when we saw he got fukked up that night. Whatever rounds he won were negligible and didn't matter. If you get dropped multiple times in different rounds , you did not have success. Some things worked for a round or two until the other guy upped the pressure, and that is game planning more than anything. Very few fighters come in and white wash every opponent. The only person who did that that I can think of is Floyd Mayweather. Terrence lost rounds to Shawn Porter and several other guys at 147, but he stopped them all. Success again is negligible when the opponent is dropped several times and/or stopped. But that has to be determined on an individual fight basis. I wouldn't say Devin had success. Everything that night played into Ryan's game plan.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
lowkey the fight reminded me of the first Pac n Bradley fight.

Any time Tim would control the majority of the round with boxing, Manny would find that chin in the last 40 seconds and have that nikka stumbling and break dancing on his ankles. :pachaha:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Man, shut the fukk up.
A weight bully … uses his size :dame:to BULLY you … uses those extra pounds to absorb shots… has the extra stamina to throw hella punches because he didn’t drain himself

There was nothing about Ryan’s performance that was being a weight bully… nikka threw 20 punches a round had zero stamina … Devin should be fukking thankful Ryan was overweight cuz if he was in fighting shape throwing 40-50 punches around he’d be brain damaged rn

Haneys wanted to blow up in weight again that’s why there was zero rehydration clauses … Yall complaining about the weight gotta stop

N why tf are you drained in only your 2nd fight at 140 N you last fought in December :childplease:
Clown shyt.

The weight cut goes 2 ways you jackass. By following the agreement, Haney had to force himself to sweat off additional weight, which would lower his strength and conditioning on the day of the fight.

It causes a disadvantage which is why Garcia didn't notify them in advance that he was not on schedule to make weight.