[4/3/24] AEW Dynamite/Rampage: Bruv vs. Hobbs; Joe vs. Swerve Contract Signing

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Wasn’t smart to go to Worcester after being in Boston less than month ago. Don’t know why this company keeps doing dumb shyt like this. But if TK wants to throw away his money like this then so be it.

they probably wanted to cash in once again on their new signing, the CEO, by booking a show near her "hometown"

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
they probably wanted to cash in once again on their new signing, the CEO, by booking a show near her "hometown"
Speaking of which. It's baffling how after seeing Mone's impact for that Boston show, they still haven't announced her for Dynasty. That could probably move 1-2k tickets by itself but TK waiting too long for no good reason.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Speaking of which. It's baffling how after seeing Mone's impact for that Boston show, they still haven't announced her for Dynasty. That could probably move 1-2k tickets by itself but TK waiting too long for no good reason.

You’re right but they are doing Dynasty at a small arena so he probably thinks it’s inevitable they’ll sell it out. They are at like 5K advance and the place will max out at like 7K with the stage etc

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You’re right but they are doing Dynasty at a small arena so he probably thinks it’s inevitable they’ll sell it out. They are at like 5K advance and the place will max out at like 7K with the stage etc
Looks like it’s setup for 6200 and that’s with everything seemingly opened up except what would be behind the stage

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Osprey vs Hobbs is a weird matchup…but maybe it will turn out good with both their styles being drastically different. Osprey needs to work with different opponents that’ll throw him a curveball every now and then instead of the indie/NJPW guys.

Hobbs gonna take the L tho :comeon:

I’m skipping anything Jericho and Young Bucks related :camby:

Yeah, not keen on Hobbs taking the L but I like that Ospreay is getting different opponents with their own set of challenges.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Ospreay vs Hobbs should be interesting but def need some direction in that whole sage. I can see the United Empire vs DCF thing happening at some point. Also not sure who the third member could be. Far as Ospreay is concerned, I wonder if his thing with Danielson would be just a match or even more. I know BCC had been busy over in Mexico and with the CMLL thing. Maybe on Dynamite they come out after the match to attack Ospreay to end the show? Could lead to a match vs Mox or Claudio next week or one of the Collisions, as a buildup to the ppv and get him away from DCF stuff for a bit.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to start with the contract signing especially with those BBT viewers coming in when ratings are still hot. Start things off with the champ and his challenger to get some interest for the match and more eyes on them at beginning of the show. Give them a chance to help sell the ppv. Don't matter whether its just a promo or leads to a brawl with security having to separate the two. Maybe having Jay White come out at the end to start his match wouldn't be a bad idea. Have him come out as they are leaving and just size up Joe and Swerve on some "yall fighting for the belt but I still got my eye on it too". Him and Billy should have a decent match, no squash or anything crazy. Keep the crowd going. Then after that have the Jericho segment to cool things down a bit and give people the chance to go the bathroom or hit the concession stand. But getting 3 big stars shown early while viewership is high would be best.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Wonder if the fatal 4 way would have any implications like a midcard title shot such as TNT or Continental. Could use it to setup a storyline or feud rather than just a random match. Have one of them turn heel maybe.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Definitely wanna see the Deeb/Adora match. But I’m gonna have to look up London Lighting. Can’t say I’ve heard of him.
He's a local they've been giving some looks on ROH during the Canadian tour. He just started wrestling in November 2022 it looks like.