[5/1/24] AEW Dynamite+Rampage live: Omega Returns; Who does Swerve face at Double or Nothing?; Copeland defends TNT title against the House of Black

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The Elite's hostile takeover commences in Winnipeg with Tony Khan not being cleared to travel due to the heinous assault at the hands of Jack Perry and the Young Bucks!

GMMPUBOXwAAc2ZW

GMMO6voWQAAv-Aw

GMOIXZPWgAARS29

GMMOp7dXIAACobZ

GMOIkP9WwAABbXy

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Bizarre way to promote the next n°1 contender. Almost sounds like they gonna gift wrap a title shot to someone like they did Mercedes. But unless it's Moxley or Okada ,that would be a really weird way to build Swerve's first PPV opponent as champ :patrice:

And if it's just a match were the winner gets Swerve....then promote that match, not some vague ass "we'll learn who fights for the title".

Hopefully Kenneth can do a good job with a live mic. They need to make the follow up to The Elite fukkery worth a damn....

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
TK probably doesn’t even know who swerve’s opponent is yet and will decide on the day of the show :mjlol: Dude’s entire reign is going to be on cruise control until all in when he gets his belt deboed. Everyone knows he’s just keeping it warm for Ospreay.

Shouldn’t whoever is on top of the “rankings” automatically get the next title shot, because otherwise what’s the point of having them?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
What if Kenny says he the number one contender? :lupe:

I wouldn't be mad if it were someone like Takeshyta even if he's expected to lose. Build it on some you beat me to earn the title shot, now let's see if you can beat me now that you won the title. Plus it could tie in the Kyle Fletcher thing on some you may have beat my stablemate but it won't be the same result with me. With Hobbs out, could give Takeshyta something to do as well. Not sure where he stands in the rankings but they have recent history that can be tied in.

Now regarding Copeland, it should definitely be Buddy Matthews that he faces. He already had the mixed tag with Brody and is likely having Malakai at DON so Buddy makes the most sense. They can put on a decent match and help build towards the ppv.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I’m going with Okada as the challenger after Swerve said last night that the Elite pulled a bytch move on Wednesday. Can’t let another man talk about you like that.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I’m going with Okada as the challenger after Swerve said last night that the Elite pulled a bytch move on Wednesday. Can’t let another man talk about you like that.
I don’t think they’d toss Okada into the main title picture this early, especially since he’s the Cont. champ.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think they’d toss Okada into the main title picture this early, especially since he’s the Cont. champ.
Agreed, it makes some sense story wise but not logically. But the only other person with any story built up with Swerve is Hangman. And he’s on a break for undisclosed personal reasons. So unless his break ends this week there are no obvious choices at the moment.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Yeah, kayfabe was that Hanger was only suspended indefinitely from the Elite, whereas Kenny was kicked out.

He'll be back so the Elite can throw an obstacle for Swerve at some point soon even if it's not for DoN (I think probably is)