[5/1/24] AEW Dynamite+Rampage live: Omega Returns; Who does Swerve face at Double or Nothing?; Copeland defends TNT title against the House of Black

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Kenny just has zero charisma in the mic after all these years can’t even get over him almost dying

I thought it was a good promo, he was speaking genuinely and not sounding like a cartoon character :manny: helped that he had some real life shyt to draw upon and connect with

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Haven't watched the Rampage main event yet because the Mrs tapped out but I'm hoping it raises the entertainment average up a tiny bit.

fukkery was excellent and appreciated, but they've gotta back it with wrestling if they're gonna keep up with that Where The Best Wrestle ish. Last two weeks have been a bit eh in the ring. Storylinewise chickens are coming home to roost all over and it's great, but they've got to tie that into booking hot matches on the shows. Last two weeks have felt random as hell at times.

Crowd didn't help tonight though. Could've been pandemic Kouraken Hall in there at times.

Deeb and Mariah was great.

Joe's Zay squash was a lot of fun.

Swerve/Christian Ok, you have my attention.

Jericho is starting to make me laugh, but a lot of it might just be that the Mrs hates it SO much. :pachaha: I'm kinda here for them nuking Big Bill's career for the triggered IWC lolz at this point though.

Don't care about KOR :yeshrug:

Three hours is too much for Wednesday night.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Haven't watched the Rampage main event yet because the Mrs tapped out but I'm hoping it raises the entertainment average up a tiny bit.

fukkery was excellent and appreciated, but they've gotta back it with wrestling if they're gonna keep up with that Where The Best Wrestle ish. Last two weeks have been a bit eh in the ring. Storylinewise chickens are coming home to roost all over and it's great, but they've got to tie that into booking hot matches on the shows. Last two weeks have felt random as hell at times.

Crowd didn't help tonight though. Could've been pandemic Kouraken Hall in there at times.

Deeb and Mariah was great.

Joe's Zay squash was a lot of fun.

Swerve/Christian Ok, you have my attention.

Jericho is starting to make me laugh, but a lot of it might just be that the Mrs hates it SO much. :pachaha: I'm kinda here for them nuking Big Bill's career for the triggered IWC lolz at this point though.

Don't care about KOR :yeshrug:

Three hours is too much for Wednesday night.
It’s wild that Copeland-Cardona was a significantly better match than Copeland-Buddy. That was probably the worst match in Copeland’s AEW career thus far.

Brody next week should be a vast improvement over Buddy. Send that bum Buddy Matthews packing back to Connecticut

I saw quite a bit of commentary on Twitter about how this new Jericho gimmick is growing on them. Maybe I just don’t get it or it’s just not for me because I do not give a single fukk about it.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
It’s wild that Copeland-Cardona was a significantly better match than Copeland-Buddy. That was probably the worst match in Copeland’s AEW career thus far.

Brody next week should be a vast improvement over Buddy. Send that bum Buddy Matthews packing back to Connecticut

I was so confused by the spitting up blood thing that I completely forgot about this match after 3 hours.

Are they trying to show Copeland's ruthless side like when he Conchairto'd Nick Wayne in front of his Mama - going in after Buddy when he was injured? It was weirdly sold and didn't even cause the end of the match... if they were going for Don't Make Cope Mad they should've GONE for it with a beatdown right after he started spitting up blood until HoB came and stopped it.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I was so confused by the spitting up blood thing that I completely forgot about this match after 3 hours.

Are they trying to show Copeland's ruthless side like when he Conchairto'd Nick Wayne in front of his Mama - going in after Buddy when he was injured? It was weirdly sold and didn't even cause the end of the match... if they were going for Don't Make Cope Mad they should've GONE for it with a beatdown right after he started spitting up blood until HoB came and stopped it.
Everything HoB lore is fukking stupid unless it involves Julia and Brody

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The whole Elite vs. Kenny segment was posted to AEW’s YouTube. Doing some numbers for AEW on there at 531K views, second most viewed video from last nights episode is the Swerve-Christian segment at 158K views.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Everything HoB lore is fukking stupid unless it involves Julia and Brody

I don't want to agree with this because I still love the whole aesthetic and all their banger themes, but you're right.

IMO they got low-key screwed by Punk leaving right after Malakai made a big deal about HoB being a Collision-only attraction. Felt like it took ages to get them back into proper rotation once Collision cooled so sharply.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don't want to agree with this because I still love the whole aesthetic and all their banger themes, but you're right.

IMO they got low-key screwed by Punk leaving right after Malakai made a big deal about HoB being a Collision-only attraction. Felt like it took ages to get them back into proper rotation once Collision cooled so sharply.
I like the concept of them but between Buddy being blander than vanilla ice cream cups with a wooden spoon to Malakai’s nonsense jibber jabber promos, it’s just stupid.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The whole Elite vs. Kenny segment was posted to AEW’s YouTube. Doing some numbers for AEW on there at 531K views, second most viewed video from last nights episode is the Swerve-Christian segment at 158K views.

:heh: are they chanting "Horry shyt"cause Okada in the ring

jeezus I hope that doesn't catch on