5/4/24: PBC on PRIME/DAZN PPV: Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia (Undisputed Super Middleweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Once again. Benavidez is coming in as Cruiserweight on fight night. Ryder, Charlo, and Mungia are not. You can say Benavidez, and the other 3 -- are all nothing special. But Canelo is not giving up ridiculous height, reach, and weight advantages to other guys. None of mention does anything for Canelo
Why didn't you bring up Bivol or Kovalev? Whom both were and are still fighting at Light Heavyweight?

Canelo is a great champion, but he's a bytch ass motherfukker for not fighting Benavidez. That's all there is to it. No more discussion.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Why didn't you bring up Bivol or Kovalev? Whom both were and are still fighting at Light Heavyweight?

Canelo is a great champion, but he's a bytch ass motherfukker for not fighting Benavidez. That's all there is to it. No more discussion.

Koalev and Bivol were champions right? So Canelo actually had something to gain. Yea he fought Koalev, Smith, Bivol -- talked about fighting some other bigger guys. They all were champions tho. Benavidez is not

Nah Benavidez is probably the biggest bytch in boxing history. Beterbiev, Smith, Morell - all exposed him for the coward that he is

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Koalev and Bivol were champions right? So Canelo actually had something to gain. Yea he fought Koalev, Smith, Bivol -- talked about fighting some other bigger guys. They all were champions tho. Benavidez is not

Nah Benavidez is probably the biggest bytch in boxing history. Beterbiev, Smith, Morell - all exposed him for the coward that he is
So basically you're confirming what you're trying not to, lol. That Canelo Alvarez is ducking Benavidez, and the disgraceful sanctioning bodies are more interested in money, rather than enforcing the correct mandatories.

Just out of interest. What the fukk does Beterbiev have to do with anything? Morell too? Why doesn't your cinnamon impresario fight any of them? He's the one with the belts, and the one always running off to light heavyweight to sneak away.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
So basically you're confirming what you're trying not to, lol. That Canelo Alvarez is ducking Benavidez, and the disgraceful sanctioning bodies are more interested in money, rather than enforcing the correct mandatories.

Just out of interest. What the fukk does Beterbiev have to do with anything? Morell too? Why doesn't your cinnamon impresario fight any of them? He's the one with the belts, and the one always running off to light heavyweight to sneak away.

I'm not confirming Canelo ducking shyt. I've seen who he's stepped in the ring with. Including beating opponents, ya boy Benavidez didn't wanna get in there with. If a Cruiserweight with no belt doesn't interest him, then it is what it is

Beterbiev has alot to do with what I'm talking about. I said David is the biggest bytch in boxing. Always been shook of punchers. At 168 and 175. We've seen Canelo in there with punchers. 160, 168, 175 - fought punchers at em all.

Benavidez bytch ass literally was turning down title opportunities. How the fukk a little ass 154 pounder, move up, and fight top 175 guys - before Benavidez big bytch ass did? That coward been starving himself for 10 years. Wanting no parts of good opponents, he can't have that big weight advantage over :mjlol:

Last edited:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I'm not confirming Canelo ducking shyt. I've seen who he's stepped in the ring with. Including beating opponents, ya boy Benavidez didn't wanna get in there with. If a Cruiserweight with no belt doesn't interest him, then it is what it is

Beterbiev has alot to do with what I'm talking about. I said David is the biggest bytch in boxing. Always been shook of punchers. At 168 and 175. We've seen Canelo in there with punchers. 160, 168, 175 - fought punchers at em all.

Benavidez bytch ass literally was turning down title opportunities. How the fukk a little ass 154 pounder, move up, and fight top 175 guys - before Benavidez big bytch ass did? That coward been starving himself for 10 years. Wanting no parts of good opponents, he can't have that big weight advantage over :mjlol:
I love Canelo, pause. What are you on about? You clearly do. :russ:

Boxing, that's what I love, people that share that same sentiment and perspective recognise it in the same manner. They can call out ducking when they see it. There's no fandom to blind their judgement. No nut hugging or bytch assedness.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
I love Canelo, pause. What are you on about? You clearly do. :russ:

Boxing, that's what I love, people that share that same sentiment and perspective recognise it in the same manner. They can call out ducking when they see it. There's no fandom to blind their judgement. No nut hugging or bytch assedness.
When you beat the best fighter in the division, and collects all the belts. Im not calling duck.

Now if Benavidez wants to fight Smith, and settle this issue.. Then we talking.

:mjlol: Yall really hate Canelo. Out here slandering him, with a guy that was dodging unifications.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
When you beat the best fighter in the division, and collects all the belts. Im not calling duck.

:mjlol: Yall really hate Canelo. Out here slandering him, with a guy that was dodging unifications.
I like Canelo, were you getting this from? I just call it when I see it.

Definitely not from Harlem with your slobbering. Yuck. Jocking another man to this extent. Despicable. You're better than this.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

This is what's hilarious. You can't shyt on canelo but give David a pass for all the lame moves he's pulled in his career. David been at 168 his ENTIRE career and had zero interest in them belts. Zero. He let canelo come up to his division and accomplish something he should have BEEN done.

Never fought Callum smith even though they were in the same division for years. He blatantly ducked caleb plant and said they needed to let the fight marinate. Didn't get the guts to fight him until after canelo knocked him out. His first really good win was against Andrade who was a blown up junior middleweight and overrated as hell. Now instead of fighting the 2nd best guy in line(morell), he moves up to fight canelos literal sparring partner. A 37 year old washed up euro cac. If canelo did this shyt the haters would be losing their minds. David will never fight the winner of bivol-beterbiev. Especially if it's beterbiev who will walk right through him and probably ruin him. This is all posturing by David. He's already said his first choice is to go back down to 168 and fight canelo.

If your first choice is to go back to 168 then why not stay there and fight morell? :jbhmm: .....at the end of the day, Mungia is a tougher fight than anybody David has faced. That's just the facts. Canelo and David aren't even comparable when it comes to risk taking. But it is what it is. The haters will never be satisfied. I want the David fight as much as anybody. And I really hope it happens next. But people are lying if they say David been trying to fight the best his whole career. Dude was 100% content fighting bums until canelo showed up.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
I like Canelo, were you getting this from? I just call it when I see it.

Definitely not from Harlem with your slobbering. Yuck. Jocking another man to this extent. Despicable. You're better than this.
:yeshrug:I just provided some insight. Can't have you out believing fairy tales

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

De La Hoya Predicts Victory For Munguia Over ‘Jealous’ Alvarez​

jaime-munguia%20(13)_1702431203.jpg

BY DECLAN WARRINGTON
Published Mon Apr 29, 2024, 05:02 PM EDT

Oscar De La Hoya has predicted a “changing of the guard” when on Saturday Jaime Munguia challenges Saul Alvarez for the undisputed super-middleweight title.
“Canelo” Alvarez enters the all-Mexican showdown, at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena on Cinco de Mayo weekend, as the significant favourite against Munguia – a proven fighter but one who, unlike David Benavidez, is far from considered Alvarez’s greatest threat.
Saturday’s fight comes with Munguia established as one of Golden Boy Promotions’ leading fighters and with tension persisting between Alvarez and De La Hoya, Golden Boy’s figurehead and therefore influential in Alvarez’s success until his departure for Matchroom in 2018.
The 33 year old will again be a free agent at the conclusion of Saturday’s fight – it is being promoted by Premier Boxing Champions – but more significant could be the aftermath for Golden Boy, an organisation in the middle of a potentially defining period.
Ryan Garcia’s recent, unexpected victory over Devin Haney could yet prove transformative for the promoters, but with the 27-year-old Munguia risking his undefeated status against Alvarez ahead of the high-stakes fight between his stablemate Vergil Ortiz Jr and Tim Tszyu, their two other leading fighters could soon be faced with rebuilding following defeat.
There regardless was a time when De La Hoya occupied a similar status as that relished by Alvarez in 2024, but asked of Munguia’s prospects, the promoter said: “He’s a beast. Changing of the guard, baby. Changing of the guard. Let’s go.
“As a fighter, I always talk up fighters in the ring. Outside the ring, it’s a whole different story. Everybody talks about me outside of the ring – the s*** that I did whenever, back in the past. It is what it is. It’s out in the open, whatever. Inside the ring nobody can criticise me. That’s the respect that I deserve.
“But ‘Canelo’ talking all this s*** – that’s all it is. It’s s***. The fact that he can’t be around me because the attention is off him – that’s a big thing for him and it f**** with his head. I don’t understand it because he’s a great fighter. I respect him as a fighter, but I don’t respect him as a person.”
It had previously been suggested that Garcia’s separation from Eddy Reynoso – Alvarez’s long-term trainer – owed in part to Garcia’s belief that he would struggle for the attention he believed he required from Reynoso while he and Alvarez shared the same gym.
“Oh yeah,” said De La Hoya, who co-promotes De La Hoya with Zanfer. “Even Ryan mentioned – Canelo’s a jealous guy. He cannot have the attention diverted to someone else. And I understand that.”