5/6/24 ESPN+: Naoya Monster Inoue vs Luis Nery (Undisputed Super Bantamweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Nery KO-TKO-DQ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monster-Nery Draw

• Nery Decision

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Lol I texted my friend the same thing and he said how can the face of boxing be fighting while I’m dropping off my daughter at daycare 😂
Which is an example of why boxing fans are some of the dumbest fans on the planet.. Does your friend not understand time zones??

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
that fight was 5 years ago! Get over it got damn! The haters are out in full force today.
Get your casual ass outta here lol. If you look at the context & backtrack what I said, you'll look like a idiot for quoting me :heh:

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Boxing is an American driven sport. You can’t be the face of it fighting when people are getting ready for work on a Monday. He is the indisputable face of Japanese boxing though :yeshrug:
Not sure what any of that has to do with the Japanese not giving a fukk about where you’re from?

Inoue seems to be doing just fine fighting prime time in Tokyo.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure what any of that has to do with the Japanese not giving a fukk about where you’re from?

Inoue seems to be doing just fine fighting prime time in Tokyo.
Ah, you’re one of those.

Monster is the face of boxing when 95 percent of the boxing world (casual or other wise) isn’t watching him perform. Makes perfect sense. Why didn’t I think of that?

We see what time it is :mjpls: see you June 15th when the actual face of boxing steps into the ring

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
That fight was 5 years ago! Before Covid! Get over it got damn! The haters are out in full force today.

I couldn’t imagine waking up to hate on another man that hasn’t done shyt to me at 8 in the morning. :wow:

A legitimately great fighter too. He hasn’t tested dirty. He has taken on the best of the best in and around the divisions he’s been in, and whooped that ass. And you hate the dude? For what? He’s from Japan? :mjlol:.

A lot of boxing fans are trash ass people that wear their insecurities as “men” proudly as some kind of weird badge of honor.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Ah, you’re one of those.

Monster is the face of boxing when 95 percent of the boxing world (casual or other wise) isn’t watching him perform. Makes perfect sense. Why didn’t I think of that?

We see what time it is :mjpls: see you June 15th when the actual face of boxing steps into the ring
What’s one of those?

I don’t think it’s getting through. They don’t care if you think he’s the face of boxing or not, they don’t care about you getting up in the morning on a Monday to watch it, because you’re not the market they care about.

It’s got nothing to do with you, or America. No offense ofcourse.

Last edited:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Boxing is an American driven sport. You can’t be the face of it fighting when people are getting ready for work on a Monday. He is the indisputable face of Japanese boxing though :yeshrug:

Tbh American fans don't deserve shyt. Bunch of dumb casuals

After the way theyre acting with this Ryan Garcia cheating situation, the way they just dikkride and hate on MFs for no good reason, they have no respect for the integrity of the sport. Lames, groupies and bytch azz racists.

Even if it's impossible to watch his fights live, I'd rather have Inouye be the face of boxing than Quacknelo Alvaroids.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
You didn't see how he kept his right hand close to his chin and boxed on the outside and not try to force a KO?
I saw an arrogant, cavalier champion start a fight with the crowd on his mind, rather than the opppnent. (And yes I saw the right hand situation.)

I then saw the same fighter get his shyt together, then fall in love with himself again, then get the stoppage.

Naoya gotta get over himself, going to be his downfall if it ever comes to that.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too bad ESPN wasn't showing international fights in late 2000s. The strawweight division was hot with Eagle Kyowa during his title run and his fight with Rodel Mayol who was steamrolling opponents. Yutuka Niida had a good title run and his fight with Katsunari Takayama was good (and really Takayama was always in some entertaining fights from what I saw)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boxing in Japan and the UK is big enough to where they can have stars and they don't need to be on American TV. Ricky Hatton was selling out and making bank before they even started showing his fights on SHObox.