5/6/24 ESPN+: Naoya Monster Inoue vs Luis Nery (Undisputed Super Bantamweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Nery KO-TKO-DQ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monster-Nery Draw

• Nery Decision

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Inoue gets knocked down, makes adjustments and proceeds to kick his azz. Reminded little bit of the Mayweather vs. Mosely fight.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
One question I do have is how Inuoe will perform when he's not in his Japanese coc00n. Yes he had fights outside of Japan before, but that was during Covid

I want to see him in the UK, Suadi, US, Other Asian countries, etc. There is nothing like having a crowd that is booing you, or a place where everything is new to you. Have to admit, it does intrigue me to see how he does in unfriendly environments

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
One question I do have is how Inuoe will perform when he's not in his Japanese coc00n. Yes he had fights outside of Japan before, but that was during Covid

I want to see him in the UK, Suadi, US, Other Asian countries, etc. There is nothing like having a crowd that is booing you, or a place where everything is new to you. Have to admit, it does intrigue me to see how he does in unfriendly environments
Why should he fight out of Japan? Is it held against American fighters who don't leave their country?

TDUBB

All Star
Daps

What about fighters like Mayweather or even Stevenson, Tank in there active careers? Why don’t they fight outside there country? You know.. a place that’s new them also. Why they gotta keep fighting in Las Vegas? Why not go fight in Japan? Australia? Hmmmm? :sas2:

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about fighters like Mayweather or even Stevenson, Tank in there active careers? Why don’t they fight outside there country? You know.. a place that’s new them also. Why they gotta keep fighting in Las Vegas? Why not go fight in Japan? Australia? Hmmmm? :sas2:
When I was getting into watching old fights when I was a teenager I noticed fighters would actually travel the world for fights. Even two American fighters would headline fights in different countries. When they did that it helped grow the sport

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
prime loma or prime rigo vs inoue woulda been a sight.

anyways good fight. showed toughness and recovery. he really got hurt for real. cant sleep on anyone. didnt nery get caught with ped before? i dont know how that saga ended tbh.lol nery was just tryna make it a slug fest fight and nothing else.lol

i think tank is to big for inoue. i dont see that fight ever happening.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Amazon Prime Video, which exclusively streamed the four world title matches including Inoue vs. Nery, announced on the 7th that "Prime Video Presents Live Boxing 8" achieved the highest peak viewership in the history of Japanese Prime Video.

The scene where Inoue knocked out Nery recorded the highest peak viewership.

This surpassed last year's fifth World Baseball Classic (WBC) final between Japan and the United States, which previously held the record for the highest peak viewership.

Mr. Takashi Kodama, Country Manager of Prime Video Japan, commented, "Thank you very much for watching 'Prime Video Presents Live Boxing 8.' The excitement of that night at the Tokyo Dome still hasn't faded even a night after. We sincerely appreciate being able to stream this historic fight on Prime Video. We are pleased to report that the KO scene of Naoya Inoue in 'Prime Video Presents Live Boxing 8' recorded the highest peak viewership in the history of Japanese Prime Video. I am delighted that so many people watched 'Prime Video Presents Live Boxing 8.' We will continue to work hard to deliver even more attractive content to everyone."

Furthermore, Mr. Hideyuki Ohashi, Chairman of the Ohashi Gym, commented, "It was very challenging to prepare for boxing matches at the Tokyo Dome for the first time in 34 years, but I believe we were able to deliver the charm of boxing to everyone through these intense fights. I have heard that many people watched the streaming on Prime Video, even those who could not come to the venue last night. If this streaming has sparked an interest in boxing for you, I would be delighted."

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/c9b102294fe1692f9d917ba443e3b5e216fa726d