$5,751 for an ICE PACK at the Emergency Room

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
this is one of the reasons why Obamacare is garbage and a Republican healthcare scam...no cost controls in the bill whatsoever

I'm waiting for the c00n dembots like call me a lame to get triggered, but they know it's true
What are you talking about? The facility fee is specific to individual hospitals. This shyt has nothing to do with the ACA.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are you talking about? The facility fee is specific to individual hospitals. This shyt has nothing to do with the ACA.

of course facility fees have to do with the ACA. There were no cost controls for consumer hospital facility fees. That means that the hospital is going to charge you whatever they want for a damn icepack, because you're mandated to get private insurance in order to pay it.

CMS (Medicare), on the other hand, CONTROLS THAT shyt -- they don't pay out on a bullshyt facility charge that's over what they're willing to pay. They're able to negotiate these fees and bring them down.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
this is one of the reasons why Obamacare is garbage and a Republican healthcare scam...no cost controls in the bill whatsoever

I'm waiting for the c00n dembots like call me a lame to get triggered, but they know it's true

More baseless rantings from one of our resident alt-right accounts

:scust:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

I think his point is that the ACA didn't go after the main cost drivers of healthcare.
of course facility fees have to do with the ACA. There were no cost controls for consumer hospital facility fees. That means that the hospital is going to charge you whatever they want for a damn icepack, because you're mandated to get private insurance in order to pay it.

CMS (Medicare), on the other hand, CONTROLS THAT shyt -- they don't pay out on a bullshyt facility charge that's over what they're willing to pay. They're able to negotiate these fees and bring them down.

Congress could easily pass a national rate setting bill for providers to only charge what they charge Medicare. Save money instantly.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I think his point is that the ACA didn't go after the main cost drivers of healthcare.

Congress could easily pass a national rate setting bill for providers to only charge what they charge Medicare. Save money instantly.
Nah it's a red herring to just blame dems. Unless you're arguing for a single payer system the hospital facility fee can't be touched.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah it's a red herring to just blame dems. Unless you're arguing for a single payer system the hospital facility fee can't be touched.

there you go buddy. but this was always the complaint about Obamacare...it never addressed cost controls for this very issue. Trying to argue that this isn't an Obamacare issue is being intellectually dishonest.