5 Yrs ago Today Rick Ross began his ascension..

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
...to the top of the rap game with Deeper Than Rap!

ross_deeper.jpg

This album right here stayed in rotation the summer of 2009. I remember being back home from my 1st year of college and playing this album nonstop. You could hear him turning the corner on Trilla, but DTR set him apart from the rest of his counterparts. Going with more J.U.S.T.I.C.E League production, more extravagant sounding beats, on DTR he fully embraced "The Boss" persona.

Cigar Music
Mafia Music
In Cold Blood
Magnificent
Yacht Club
Lay Back - Coulda been a HUGE banger, but they didnt release the video until August or September

Rich Off Cocaine :ohlawd:
That joint had a feel reminiscent of the Kool G Rap classic "It's A Shame," shyt was glorifying the selling of narcotics yet decrying it at the same time. Them vocals by Avery Storm were legendary

The accompanying DVD also birthed these unforgettable gifs

index.php
Rick-ross-dancing.gif

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Listened to the album on my commute this morning and it was as beautiful as the first time I heard it.
I forgot about all the shots at 50! Came out on the first joint firing:gladbron:

Also just like those initial listens, Murda Mami, Bossy Lady, and Face, all :camby:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Beef, I'll make a dinner, take a seat so we can eat :wow:

Rick Ross peaked with this album for me. The material he's made since hasn't even been close.

Maybach Music 2 is still one of the GOAT songs. JUSTICE League and the Inkredibles went off on this album with the production.