6 Cert Brehs Where ya'll at? Ex google engineer tells people to not to learn to code.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Computers and apps are already writing their own code. But, honestly, I think software devs would be the last jobs to go. If you can make a computer self aware enough to not need humans to maintain it what job can't you make a computer reliably do at that point?

Them BS jobs that cats who do free code camps and bootcamps do will go away because that level of development can be replaced by tools that code from business logic.

The scientist level and principal level roles wont go anywhere because they or the owns who engineer the stuff to get people out the paint. Anything beyond that we wont see in our life time.

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Them BS jobs that cats who do free code camps and bootcamps do will go away because that level of development can be replaced by tools that code from business logic.

The scientist level and principal level roles wont go anywhere because they or the owns who engineer the stuff to get people out the paint. Anything beyond that we wont see in our life time.

Lol check the post right above yours. You know what's really good in this game.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not saying he’s wrong about the fact that human beings need to prepare for all possibilities in relation to Artificial intelligence.

But you’re really dense and lack ambition and you’re trying to use this video as a scape goat.

right sounds like people could use this as an excuse not do the heavy lifting of learning a new skill:russ:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Also if we're being real the lane for code monkeys coming out of dev school that can hack together some bullshyt is prolly finna dry up within the next 15 years. But nikkas that actually understand good engineering and design principles and can design high level self maintainable algorithms are always gonna eat until they become too expensive for their own good. Thinking long term I'd advise brehs to take the student loan hit and get drilled into having a good engineering core because when thar time comes business are gonna be like I can get an intern to push a few buttons and pump out crap what do I need you for:yeshrug:

Why not just buy algorithms books and use free courses like MITopencourseware?

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Why not just buy algorithms books and use free courses like MITopencourseware?

That's only gonna work if you have a real passion for coding and would do this shyt if you didn't have to make money. If you're like me and just tryna get a bag, you're gonna need that school structure, student loan investment and mentorship a college offers to get good. If you're not passionate, I guarantee you're gonna be trash tryna learn how to code on your own.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
This is a gotcha video....we are a long way from AI doing everything.....for now I'm still making 6 figures.....bagging dimes....drivin slingshots...

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Are you Matt Damon's character from Good Will Hunting? Very few people can teach themselves data structures and algorithms.

Nope, I’m not but I think you’re over estimating the difficulty of basic algorithms. You really think the average code camp graduate would have trouble learning binary search algorithms?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lol check the post right above yours. You know what's really good in this game.

Yeah technical roles will mever go away, fhe barrier of entry into the fields is what will become smaller. Dudes will need to be PHD level to get their first roles by the time many of us are old.

This is gonna hurt places like India where we outsource most of the BS CRUD dev work.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I'm learning to code now in my spare time.:manny:. The reality of it is eventually robots will be able to do it too. At this it's inevitable BUT I think humans will shift from capitalism to a mindset that benefits us all. Well hopefully:beli: