6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This week I'm in a 9-5 software training class over Zoom as part of my plan to escape IT support.

I have stock options at my job, but i'm not sure about the price. I have to be there a year to be able to purchase. In my head, I keep going back and forth about whether I can last a year here. And it's hard to know if the stock will end up being worth anything. It's early days and the product doesn't launch until the fall.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I found a way to buy both at a peak and they just fell immediately after :mjlol: . I expect it to turn around though, long plays. Got in GOOG at 113.50 and AMZN at 126.60. My whole portfolio seems to be on the rebound today. I'll forget about it in about a week, then remember it exists and decide to fund it again in a few months.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
I got J2. Gotta wait til next week to hear the offer though. I didn’t know that most Series D startups don’t IPO so all that RSU talk is cap.

Still interviewing with 3 other companies. Uber ghosted me after they said I made it to the next round :mjlol:

Might start applying to jobs again. I need 5 at a time. :mjlit:

Edit: Been getting hit up for VP & Director roles too. They must be desperate.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Edit: Been getting hit up for VP & Director roles too. They must be desperate.
I would look at it a different way, the youngest baby boomers are 58 so they are hitting the early retirement age. Alot of folks in senior management roles are leaving the workforce.

Gotta replace them somehow

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
One of my mentors finally came into HQ from Dubai. We can finally chop it tomorrow in person.

He’s a Naija man doing big things:blessed:

But these higher ups always rescheduling meetings. A15-20 min coffee chat turns into 5 reschedules :francis:
scared-no.gif

You 666 gang, you don't gotta go that route :damn:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Picked up a CAPM certification for shyts and giggles. Probably not going into project management as a full-time position but figured it would look good on the resume.

Now I gotta study these consulting case studies...:mjcry:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Coming out to the Bay has deff been one of the best career moves I've made. CoL is crazy out here and the demographics aren't what you'd see in an ATL, DC, NYC, HTX etc :mjcry:, but if you come here with a single-track mind on what you want to achieve then you can really do big things.

I now understand why this region is so damn sleepy. Everyone is grinding :ohhh: either that or the commute to get to activities is crazy lol

Thank goodness for Oakland though...it makes the Bay palatable cause SF is the most overrated "major" city I've ever since. IDC what anyone tells me. SF has the offerings of a mid-tier city but it thinks it's a global world city like NYC, London, Tokyo, Paris :hhh:

Take away the GG Bridge, hills and good weather and SF is just a Portland with NYC rent but without NYC amenities/access :beli:

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I was off on Friday. A ticket came in saying that one of the conference rooms was down. So the CTO sent me a Slack saying I needed to be in the office on Monday morning to fix it.

It’s going to be something stupid. Like the power strip is off or something.

About a month ago, the printer was down. All I had to do was restart it. I can’t wait to get out of this job.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
Coming out to the Bay has deff been one of the best career moves I've made. CoL is crazy out here and the demographics aren't what you'd see in an ATL, DC, NYC, HTX etc :mjcry:, but if you come here with a single-track mind on what you want to achieve then you can really do big things.

I now understand why this region is so damn sleepy. Everyone is grinding :ohhh: either that or the commute to get to activities is crazy lol

Thank goodness for Oakland though...it makes the Bay palatable cause SF is the most overrated "major" city I've ever since. IDC what anyone tells me. SF has the offerings of a mid-tier city but it thinks it's a global world city like NYC, London, Tokyo, Paris :hhh:

Take away the GG Bridge, hills and good weather and SF is just a Portland with NYC rent but without NYC amenities/access :beli:
Thanks for posting this. They tryna get me to move to San Francisco :hhh:

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Thanks for posting this. Google tryna get me to move to San Francisco :hhh:

I’ll say this. If you coming to the SF/The Bay, you gotta come here with a single track mind. Career/money and nothing else.

Oakland makes the Bay palatable but to me, it’s not enough to keep me here. My income has grown enormously in the ~1yr I’ve been here but it’s a mental grind. You gotta see the forest for the trees.

Biggest mental shift is the price you pay for what you get from a city life aspect. This isn’t NYC/London/etc, the access ain’t for nightlife, it’s for nature and the “sunshine tax”

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I was off on Friday. A ticket came in saying that one of the conference rooms was down. So the CTO sent me a Slack saying I needed to be in the office on Monday morning to fix it.

It’s going to be something stupid. Like the power strip is off or something.

About a month ago, the printer was down. All I had to do was restart it. I can’t wait to get out of this job.
The control tablet was plugged into the wrong Ethernet port.

:unimpressed: