6 Figures 6 Certs Random Thoughts Thread

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I thought that was strange as well. You got a good setup breh.

Let them finish paying off your loans first then....

Make a move.
Yeah I did it out of respect for the head boss over there who wanted me to at least have the conversation, but I knew deep down that not having full remote was a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I’m on vacation. It’s amazing(and weird) seeing family that I haven’t seen in over a decade. I love my cousins.

In other news, Just saw a ticket that the head of customer service needs to be off boarded. He’s only been at the job for about a month. And they even flew him into town last week for some meetings. Yikes!

Meanwhile, there’s a new employee starting on Monday and his laptop delivery was signed for, but he doesn’t have it. And even though people know I’m on vacation, no one was scheduled to take my place in his onboarding meeting.

Daps
:ehh: Just found out my job will pay for 6 months of my gym membership every year.
I use to work at a law firm long time ago, they stayed paying for any and everything. Gym, parking, WFH equipment, food, coffee, end of the month rooftop parties, they paid for my Ubers for almost a year. Bonuses and big holiday parties. Employee appreciation month nikkas was winning Gift Cards and PTO lol. The place I work now though? Only thing they provide is toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap and fountain water :mjlol:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Looks like I'll be relocating to the states for a New York job in a few months. The anxiety of the whole prep that I imagine I have to do before, during and after the move is just crippling....so much so that part of me is regretting this decision off the admin I have maneuver :mjcry:. Send help :to:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

new boss fukking up the company culture already
I'll let it slide, he tries to be as supportive as he can. He knows I'm a high performer and he makes it known everytime we talk. He wants to see my career grow and keep me at the company. I don't really wanna continue there but if he can work some title changes in my favor then :manny:

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
i have zero reason/incentive to move, but i might take a couple calls with these recruiters just to get a real time pulse check on the market, especially in these current conditions
:salute:That is the way to move in this industry, especially when you have 5-7 years in at least.

I was able to get a 30$/hr increase just by talking with a recruiter and see what senior guys like me go for at this point. Signed the contract and I am starting after labour day :myman: . Never would I have thought that I could charge this much as a C2C consultant :jbhmm:

I believe we should all talk to recruiters at least 2-3 times a year. Keep them up to date on some high level project and also see what skill their customer are looking for:lolbron: . But to do all that, you really need 2 or 3 well connected recruiters that ain't scumbags :sitdown: