7/8 PBC on SHO: Jaron Ennis vs Roiman Villa / Yoelvis Gomez vs Marquis Taylor / Edwin De Los Santos vs Joseph Adorno

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
I just don't see it with Boots, honestly. He's reckless, not a lot of power to keep the very top guys honest, good boxer but not particularly great defense, only solid. He beat down a fighter with size and strength but no skill, speed, quickness or power. Boots is a flashy fighter but I don't see a lot of substance with him. Just my opinion.
Cool, but why y’all acting like bud is Floyd?🤣 like seriously who did bud fought?

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
I love Boots but I have to keep it real

I’m now questioning his power too.

He fought a guy who literally stood in front of him and didn’t move for 10 rounds.

A Spence or Bud send a fighter like that to this hospital in 5-6, period.

Villa eating those made for a fun night, but long term I don’t like that he was able to take all that from Boots
🤣🤣🤣why y’all making bud like he’s the boogyman? It took bud 12 rounds to knock out a Mexican with one leg?

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
🤣🤣🤣why y’all making bud like he’s the boogyman? It took bud 12 rounds to knock out a Mexican with one leg?
Man ain’t nobody going back and forth with you lol

If I gotta explain to you on Beyoncé’s internet how great of a fighter Terrance Crawford is, you either started watching boxing tonight or you are smarter than 100 of the worlds most world class fighters and trainers…

Like damn you can like one fighter without being weird about it lmao.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Man ain’t nobody going back and forth with you lol

If I gotta explain to you on Beyoncé’s internet how great of a fighter Terrance Crawford is, you either started watching boxing tonight or you are smarter than 100 of the worlds most world class fighters and trainers…

Like damn you can like one fighter without being weird about it lmao.
🤣Breh I like bud but y’all be gassing these fighters up to be the next Floyd! Ain’t no next Floyd! All these fighters got flaws! Y’all have to embrace them. Y’all want them to be perfect and they not!

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
🤣Breh I like bud but y’all be gassing these fighters up to be the next Floyd! Ain’t no next Floyd! All these fighters got flaws! Y’all have to embrace them. Y’all want them to be perfect and they not!
Nobody is talking about Floyd but you

Floyd been retired for years

Wtf does Floyd Ali Jack Johnson gotta do with the best fighters in 2023 :why:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Again, like I said in another thread boxing fans do this weird thing now where you either have Julian Jackson destructive one punch-paraplegic power against everyone you face, or you don’t have power :snoop: . Villa is a tough ass muhfukkking dude, and Ennis clearly hits hard. Both things can be true at the same time, ya know?! Villa is never going to be the same after the punches he took tonight. He’s never going to have the same punch resistance.

Ennis clearly has power. I don’t even see how that’s questionable. His focus and ability to not get hit with dumb stuff is going to be his biggest challenge(s) moving forward.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Again, like I said in another thread boxing fans do this weird thing now where you either have Julian Jackson destructive one punch-paraplegic power against everyone you face, or you don’t have power :snoop: . Villa is a tough ass muhfukkking dude, and Ennis clearly hits hard. Both things can be true at the same time, ya know?! Villa is never going to be the same after the punches he took tonight. He’s never going to have the same punch resistance.

Ennis clearly has power. I don’t even see how that’s questionable. His focus and ability to not get hit with dumb stuff is going to be his biggest challenge(s) moving forward.
Exactly!! :laff:

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, y’all be making fighters out to be mythical figures with no flaws that never struggle. I saw Crawford go 6 whole ass rounds with a dude named Adamantium a few months ago. I don’t know if he could beat Spence/Crawford, but I don’t see how anyone could think they’d easily beat him.

He’s going to be a tough out for anyone. Especially, if he can take a punch which it seems like he can.
So Bud beat a HIGHER RANKED fighter in FOUR LESS ROUNDS but someone Boots win is more impressive?

Make this make sense :sadcam:

Where’s Floyd’s uncle when you need em :/

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
So Bud beat a HIGHER RANKED fighter in FOUR LESS ROUNDS but someone Boots win is more impressive?

Make this make sense :sadcam:

Where’s Floyd’s uncle when you need em :/

WTF are you talking about, man? You’re arguing stuff I didn’t even say :mjlol:. What I SAID is people like to mythologize certain fighters like they are perfect or X-Men or something. Bud is not perfect nor is Spence. There a no perfect fighters. I’m pretty sure Crawford or whomever is not whitewashing Boots in two rounds or some shyt (like some of y’all are talking)—when Crawford has recent fights with guys with way less talent/skill than Boots—going later into the fight.

Besides that, boxing rankings are a fukking joke, which are often corrupted by promotional, political, and network driven agendas. Are you serious :gucci:? I legit never heard a boxing fan say, “Yeah, but the guy he fought was ranked higher when they fought!” 😂

This isn’t college fukking football, fool. No one cares about boxing rankings outside of becoming a a mandatory for a strap, and that’s typically network/promoter driven rubbish too. How Tf did Danny Garcia become Spence’s mandatory for the WBC belt? Wtf did he do to accomplish that? Not a goddamn thing but be with PBC. People talk about boxing competition in terms of timing (i.e. when you fought your opponent: were they coming off multiple wars, past their prime, not able to make weight anymore, moving up or down in weight, etc.), resume (i.e., who has that person you beat defeated), and stipulations (i.e., was it a catch-weight, was their a rehydration clause, etc.).

No one is like….. “But, he just beat beat the #6 WW in the world :wow:,” because the rankings mean shyt. The ultimate point is… I know people talk hyperbolic online, but in my mind the baseline for someone easily being beat is like Cotto versus Alfonso Gomez. Just one guy being completely outclassed, whipped, not belonging in the ring with his opponent, etc. Gomez got knocked out with a jab. In turn, if you legit think any of the top guys at 147 could easily beat Boots, you really don’t understand the sport. Like, fundamentally, you don’t understand the sport.

They very well might beat him, but he’s not an easy win for anyone at 147, and they know that. There’s a distinct difference.

Last edited: