7/8 PBC on SHO: Jaron Ennis vs Roiman Villa / Yoelvis Gomez vs Marquis Taylor / Edwin De Los Santos vs Joseph Adorno

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
WTF are you talking about, man? You’re arguing stuff I didn’t even say :mjlol:. What I SAID is people like to mythologize certain fighters like they are perfect or X-Men or something. Bud is not perfect nor is Spence. There a no perfect fighters. I’m pretty sure Crawford or whomever is not whitewashing Boots in two rounds or some shyt (like some of y’all are talking)—when Crawford has recent fights with guys with way less talent/skill than Boots—going later into the fight.

Besides that, boxing rankings are a fukking joke, which are often corrupted by promotional, political, and network driven agendas. Are you serious :gucci:? I legit never heard a boxing fan say, “Yeah, but the guy he fought was ranked higher when they fought!” 😂

This isn’t college fukking football, fool. No one cares about boxing rankings outside of becoming a a mandatory for a strap, and that’s typically network/promoter driven rubbish too. How Tf did Danny Garcia become Spence’s mandatory for the WBC belt? Wtf did he do to accomplish that? Not a goddamn thing but be with PBC. People talk about boxing competition in terms of timing (i.e. when you fought your opponent: were they coming off multiple wars, past their prime, not able to make weight anymore, moving up or down in weight, etc), resume (i.e., who has that person you beat defeated), and stipulations (i.e., was it a catch-weight, was their a rehydration clause, etc).

No one is like….. “But, he just beat beat the #6 WW in the world :wow:,” because the rankings mean shyt. The ultimate point is… I know people talk hyperbolic online, but in my mind the baseline for someone easily being beat is like Cotto versus Alfonso Gomez. Just one guy being completely outclassed, whipped, not belonging in the ring with his opponent, etc. Gomez got knocked out with a jab. In turn, if you legit think any of the top guys at 147 could easily beat Boots, you really don’t understand the sport. Like, fundamentally, you don’t understand the sport.

They very well might beat him, but he’s not an easy win for anyone at 147, and they know that. There’s a distinct difference.
I can respect this opinion. You are right--Jaron is not an easy out for anyone. Those of us who aren't jumping on the hype train see significant flaws that can be exploited by fighters of a higher caliber. There's this sentiment that Jaron is a phenom who could beat the very best in the division right now--and his last two fights have shown many doubters that that is probably not the case. But I agree that he isn't an easy out for anyone--i do believe that is ridiculous to say. But I'm not confident he beats either 2 top welterweights, nor do I believe he is some precocious phenom destined for greatness. I think he is good, and when the dust settles after July 29th and the top 2 in the division move on from 147, he probably will rule for a short time. I just don't think he will live up to the expectations people were giving him prior to his last 2 fights.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Ennis was on fire tonight. Looked in tremendous shape, reflex and hand speed sharp as a razor, established a jab in the very first round and never let up.

Absolutely grueling fight for Villa - who fought valiantly - but whatever success he did have was greatly overstated in this thread.

If Ennis falls short at the championship level, it's for lack of experience. He's got all the physical tools to give anyone hell.

Especially because the WW champions are all aging.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Ennis was on fire tonight. Looked in tremendous shape, reflex and hand speed sharp as a razor, established a jab in the very first round and never let up.

Absolutely grueling fight for Villa - who fought valiantly - but whatever success he did have was greatly overstated in this thread.

If Ennis falls short at the championship level, it's for lack of experience. He's got all the physical tools to give anyone hell.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
pgQ8tE9.mp4

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I can respect this opinion. You are right--Jaron is not an easy out for anyone. Those of us who aren't jumping on the hype train see significant flaws that can be exploited by fighters of a higher caliber. There's this sentiment that Jaron is a phenom who could beat the very best in the division right now--and his last two fights have shown many doubters that that is probably not the case. But I agree that he isn't an easy out for anyone--i do believe that is ridiculous to say. But I'm not confident he beats either 2 top welterweights, nor do I believe he is some precocious phenom destined for greatness. I think he is good, and when the dust settles after July 29th and the top 2 in the division move on from 147, he probably will rule for a short time. I just don't think he will live up to the expectations people were giving him prior to his last 2 fights.

Ennis has a little JRock Williams (who's one of my favorite fighters) in him. Very reckless defensively, and does not know when to move in and out of danger

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Man, y’all be making fighters out to be mythical figures with no flaws that never struggle. I saw Crawford go 6 whole ass rounds with a dude named Adamantium a few months ago. I don’t know if he could beat Spence/Crawford, but I don’t see how anyone could think they’d easily beat him.

He’s going to be a tough out for anyone. Especially, if he can take a punch which it seems like he can.
I think he would do very well against Crawford....he uses unique angles and has better speed. Gets hit too much but so does Crawford.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i will say this..boots needed a performance like this agaisnt villa...he had the right type of opponent..someone who would stand in front of him and let him do work..but he really didnt address some of the flaws from the karen fight...it wasnt just karen being negative..but it was the type of win to get the hype back on track and in today's boxing thats what counts...esp with what is on the line for him after this month is over

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
i will say this..boots needed a performance like this agaisnt villa...he had the right type of opponent..someone who would stand in front of him and let him do work..but he really didnt address some of the flaws from the karen fight...it wasnt just karen being negative..but it was the type of win to get the hype back on track and in today's boxing thats what counts...esp with what is on the line for him after this month is over
Everyone back on the hype train you see Pat lol. But we won't know if he made any progress with his issues till he fights someone who won't stand in the pocket with him. And he still gets tagged clean a lot

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Everyone back on the hype train you see Pat lol. But we won't know if he made any progress with his issues till he fights someone who won't stand in the pocket with him. And he still gets tagged clean a lot
exactly...still think he is an otherworldly talent nonetheless...he needs the opponent now

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
He needs to show he can make the adjustments when he is in there with someone who is seeking to mess up his timing and keep him off balance

Last edited: