70's Soul/R&B Music Cannot Be Replicated

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
There is some decent new R&B, but very few can recreate that sound. Kids today don’t play in the band/orchestra at school like they used to, so they’re missing out on the orchestral/jazz skills. They also don’t go to church like they used to, so they’re missing the spiritual/soulful element.

Thats not true at all. The kids are still there, the talent is still there, what isnt there is the money. Just as record companies broke up groups back in the day so they only had to pay 1 person, studios arent trying to pay a band when they can pay one person to program that shyt. Those musicians used to literally have jam sessions for weeks until they found rhythms that stuck and then created the songs from there. Studios arent trying to pay or give an entire band , composer, and artists writing and producing credits. They get their teams of people already on payroll with contracts to have song writing camps and then they just hand them shyts out to whoever is hot at the time.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
No, you definitely can replicate that.

I also don't understand where you guys are getting that "this generation has zero talent" from. The issue is that this kind of music isn't en vogue anymore. If the general populace, as a collective, wants 70s Soul / R&B to return, it'd be back in a flash.
what the general populace wants hasnt mattered since the 00s.

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
They really loved music man...music theory,experimentation,instruments,pushing the limits of their voices

All I feel is love

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
They really loved music man...music theory,experimentation,instruments,pushing the limits of their voices

All I feel is love
Exactly. You could feel the passion. It was overwhelming. They were on another level in those days. Soul music hit a steep decline post 1970s. Don't get me wrong, music in the 80s became so diverse and creative but it started to lose that "black" sound.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Check out my mix I made recently. It compliments the sound of the 60's 70's and 80's. I think it's amazing. Just push play and relax.