70's Soul/R&B Music Cannot Be Replicated

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I hate when people put down a current generation to promote an older one. Mostly because they live in different times and are experiencing different situations.

Like, to say that was the last era of real musicians is a rather elitist thing to say, as if there is only one quintessential way to develop and organize sound.

Just say you like it, don’t talk about what you don’t like

Daps
I hate when people put down a current generation to promote an older one. Mostly because they live in different times and are experiencing different situations.

Like, to say that was the last era of real musicians is a rather elitist thing to say, as if there is only one quintessential way to develop and organize sound.

Just say you like it, don’t talk about what you don’t like
To be fair, most of the young gen today would readily admit current music isn't the same quality as the past eras. Saying modern music is the worst era is far from a controversial take.
It really goes for most of the arts today, there's a decline in quality. Music, movies, writing etc.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

Songs like this motivates me to find a time machine and enjoy a whole decade of music like this :wow:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
To be fair, most of the young gen today would readily admit current music isn't the same quality as the past eras. Saying modern music is the worst era is far from a controversial take.
It really goes for most of the arts today, there's a decline in quality. Music, movies, writing etc.
That’s still people saying “blah, I don’t like what I see” not that good music and artistry doesn’t exist.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It should inspire something but not be replicated. I did not like that Bruno/Anderson silk sonic project. It felt like cosplay. They really emulated the fukk out of the music without the edge. Paak can do that shyt more authentically and often does on his own. Bruno is just too much of a pop artist.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
That talent is long gone
Naw that's false. The talent is there...millennials, gen x and the baby boomers are collectively failing at building out an infrastructure to cultivate and distribute the talent.

There's also always been microwave artists in every era, but the nature of social media apps like tik tok and streaming has put that shyt in the forefront in a way that we haven't seen before.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Breh we got to down better analysis of times and cultures when making threads like this and mind you this is the tail end of the era when arts in public schools and black churches was popping so alot of those people form back then was damn near trained musicians most of the time before they even got a deal. There is quality soul and rb out now on this imo but for course its not going to sound the same but its up there imo

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Breh we got to down better analysis of times and cultures when making threads like this and mind you this is the tail end of the era when arts in public schools and black churches was popping so alot of those people form back then was damn near trained musicians most of the time before they even got a deal. There is quality soul and rb out now on this imo but for course its not going to sound the same but its up there imo

Cutting music programs harmed every aspect of American culture.