7'6 former Nba player Shawn Bradley paralyzed in accident

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad stuff.

This happened to Rodney Rogers years ago too.
ny_g_rogers_kh_200.jpg

a lil different though as far as the cause. not sure of all the details about Bradley...but riding a bike and a 4-wheeler way different. Rodney hit a ditch he didnt see and went forward and broke his neck. he is truly a unique individual. he is from my area. SUPER FRUGAL with his money...and he made plenty. the average person wouldnt know he was rich. at the time of his accident he worked for City of Durham and probably didnt earn but about 40-50k per year. the dude just likes to work (and get medical benefits). talk about a normal fukkin guy. AFTER the accident is when his manager found out he was actually a millionaire, said he had no clue and he had worked there for 3 years.

dude has been in great spirits and still goes out and supports HS BB and Wake Forest BB, always a smile on his face. if you havent seen, check out his interview with Chris Webber. he was a tremendous player also...maybe wasnt used quite right. its funny but he was an elite athlete with his physical frame, kinda Bron like physically but more of a Zion type skill set....better shooter, more lean, elite athlete just not freakish like Zion. you could see him on the streets in the same neighborhoods.....doing positive shyt though. never been in trouble that I recall. but he would rather have people believe he was broke than not. I remember one time we were in video game store and he was haggling the owner over price. he used to shop at Gap where my wife worked and would load up on the coupons and deals for his girls. sorry for the long post but I could go on and on about him. someone like him is RARE to find. he definitely could have a movie or doc on him, what he lacks in story he more than makes up for in character.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
a lil different though as far as the cause. not sure of all the details about Bradley...but riding a bike and a 4-wheeler way different. Rodney hit a ditch he didnt see and went forward and broke his neck. he is truly a unique individual. he is from my area. SUPER FRUGAL with his money...and he made plenty. the average person wouldnt know he was rich. at the time of his accident he worked for City of Durham and probably didnt earn but about 40-50k per year. the dude just likes to work (and get medical benefits). talk about a normal fukkin guy. AFTER the accident is when his manager found out he was actually a millionaire, said he had no clue and he had worked there for 3 years.

dude has been in great spirits and still goes out and supports HS BB and Wake Forest BB, always a smile on his face. if you havent seen, check out his interview with Chris Webber. he was a tremendous player also...maybe wasnt used quite right. its funny but he was an elite athlete with his physical frame, kinda Bron like physically but more of a Zion type skill set....better shooter, more lean, elite athlete just not freakish like Zion. you could see him on the streets in the same neighborhoods.....doing positive shyt though. never been in trouble that I recall. but he would rather have people believe he was broke than not. I remember one time we were in video game store and he was haggling the owner over price. he used to shop at Gap where my wife worked and would load up on the coupons and deals for his girls. sorry for the long post but I could go on and on about him. someone like him is RARE to find. he definitely could have a movie or doc on him, what he lacks in story he more than makes up for in character.
Thanks for the post, and the update about him.

Did his coworkers think he was an ex football player?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This is my fear while riding my bicycle, so I ride in the opposite lane and vehicles always make room for me if they think they'll be too close by the time we pass each other. So far I haven't gotten a ticket but I don't care if I did cause a lot of drivers are reckless and i'm not gonna risk turning my back on them.