8/21 PBC on FOX PPV: Really didn't expect this: Manny Pacquiao vs Yordenis Ugas (Spence OUT)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Manny Pacquiao-Yordenis Ugas: Nevada Commission Assigns Familiar Panel Of Judges
pacquiao-ugas%20(3).jpg

BY KEITH IDEC
Published Thu Aug 19, 2021, 08:04 PM EDT

LAS VEGAS – The Nevada State Athletic Commission has assigned the same panel of veteran judges to a main event for the third time in less than three months.

BoxingScene.com has been informed that the NSAC approved two Nevada-based judges, Dave Moretti and Patricia Morse Jarman, and New Jersey’s Steve Weisfeld to score the Manny Pacquiao-Yordenis Ugas fight Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena. The NSAC also has chosen Russell Mora Jr. as the referee for their 12-round welterweight championship match.

The Philippines’ Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KOs) will challenge Cuba’s Ugas (26-4, 12 KOs) for the WBA “super” 147-pound crown that was stripped from him late in January due to his inactivity. Ugas replaced unbeaten IBF/WBC champ Errol Spence Jr. on less than two weeks’ notice because Spence suffered damage to his right retina that required surgery August 11.

The trio of Moretti, Morse Jarman and Weisfeld also worked the Devin Haney-Jorge Linares match May 29 and the Vasiliy Lomachenko-Masayoshi Nakatani bout June 26.

Morse Jarman and Weisfeld scored Las Vegas’ Haney a 116-112 winner over Venezuela’s Linares in their 12-round fight for Haney’s WBC world lightweight title at Mandalay Bay’s Michelob ULTRA Arena. Moretti had Haney-Linares slightly closer, 115-113 for Haney.

Ukraine’s Lomachenko stopped Japan’s Nakatani in the ninth round of a one-sided, non-title bout at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas.

Moretti and Weisfeld had Lomachenko in front by the same score, 80-71, when their fight was stopped. Lomachenko was ahead 78-73 on Morse Jarman’s card when their scheduled 12-rounder ended.

This also will be the fifth time in Pacquiao’s past seven fights that Moretti will have been one of the judges. Moretti, who worked his first Pacquiao fight in March 2005, most recently scored Pacquiao a 115-112 winner against Keith Thurman in Pacquiao’s 12-round, split-decision win in July 2019 at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Weisfeld last worked a Pacquiao fight in April 2016, when he scored the Filipino legend a 116-110 winner against Timothy Bradley in their third fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Morse Jarman has not judged any of Pacquiao’s 71 professional fights.

Moretti and Morse Jarman were also assigned to the third Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder fight, which was postponed from July 24 until October 9. Nevada’s Tim Cheatham will be the third judge when England’s Fury and Alabama’s Wilder fight for Fury’s WBC heavyweight title at T-Mobile Arena.

Mora, meanwhile, will officiate his second Pacquiao bout. He was the third man in the ring when Pacquiao soundly defeated Adrien Broner by unanimous decision in their 12-round welterweight title fight in January 2019 at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Thurman disrespect is outrageous

How when yall were clowing dude/claiming he got washed against Manny? I might be the only cat on here that thought it was debatable he might've won the fight. Manny was on his way to getting stopped if he didn’t get that miracle body punch in. Davis can crack, Lopez had Thurman hurt worst than Manny imo. I haven't seen that fight in a while but I believe he did it by cutting the ring off first. so its not out of the realm Tank could get him out of there if in reach.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Is anyone betting on Ugas???

I am, solely because the odds on him winning will net a nice payout. I'm on the plane to Vegas now but trust when I arrive I'm hitting up the sports book. I'll try to post the odds sheet so ya can see all the prop and non prop bets.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Danny, Thurman porter

:ohhh: all three like that? So going by that he would be top 5 in the division:ehh: hey I respect your opinion, I think Tank is the real deal..I just think jumping to 147 is a whole different situation

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Boxing and UFC cannot continue on with this type of garbage. :yeshrug:

I don't have a plan or the answers, but it's always something wit these goofy ass sports. Either a marquee fight every 2-3 years or fighters duckin each other, or an injury, or some type of blimdside to the fans, etc, etc. shyt is ridiculous..:hhh:

Folks might be ok, if some other marquee match-ups were going on, but they never are. Sport has turned into a complete joke in the last decade (and even prior). One day that loyalty is gonna wane.

money is fukking up sports at all levels all over