8/26 ESPN+: Oleksandr Usyk vs Daniel Dubois (WBA, WBO, IBF Heavyweight Titles)

Who Wins?

• Usyk-Dubois Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dubois Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adonis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm the greatest, something like Ali in his prime
He was talking retirement I believe it was before his fight with that British journeyman that he’s fought a few times, Chisora. I think it’s fair to say he took a lot of damage in the Wilder fights. That could change your life
After the Wilder fights, Fury did say that third Wilder fight made him consider retiring.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Word around town he’s been weak to the body since the amateurs and Joshua is not a bodysnatcher

His team did well at not making it obvious through his fighting style of being in and out. He evaded those body shots he would have ate slugging in the pocket. Im surprised its only now being talked about given all the video evidence.

The top 5 heavyweights are gonna smell blood now and try to bully him.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
After the Wilder fights, Fury did say that third Wilder fight made him consider retiring.
He was talking retirement I believe it was before his fight with that British journeyman that he’s fought a few times, Chisora. I think it’s fair to say he took a lot of damage in the Wilder fights. That could change your life

Impossible.

The Coli Specifically told me that Fury sustained zero damage in the Wilder fights and that he went completely untouched.
He was never hurt, never knocked down, he just fell and took a few a quick naps.:yeshrug: No real punches were landed on him. So idk what the fxck yall could possibly be talking about.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
CFZ81k.jpg

Lurking Class Hero

Medicine for loneliness
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TBF even if the ref didn't rule that a low blow, I think USYK survives and wins. He was hurt, but he was also trying hard to sell it to the ref. There's a chance Dubois would've got him out of there but I doubt it, Usyk is wiley and Dubois ain't a killer.

What's clear to me though, after watching the last two Usyk fights is that Usyk whilst still elite, is definitively past his prime and quite beatable. The most notable signs of his decline are in foot speed and upper body movement. Usyk has some of the best feet we've ever seen in a big man, but there's less lateral movement, and he's much more hitable. He's been able to evade jabs of rangier fighters with his constant circling and head movement, and is generally good at catching left hooks to the body on his elbow. He's never had a good defence for the right to the torso though, and has had the fortune of being in against guys too timid (AJ) or too slow (Chisora) to really exploit that weakness (Though I dont think he beat Breidis). That combined with his crafty (and annoying) trait of complaining to the referee whenever he takes legit body shots.

While Fury isn't much of a body puncher and looked bummy against Ngannou, I don't think Usyk has the feet to constantly move and dart in and out of range anymore, and will get picked off from outside.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
What's clear to me though, after watching the last two Usyk fights is that Usyk whilst still elite, is definitively past his prime and quite beatable. The most notable signs of his decline are in foot speed and upper body movement. Usyk has some of the best feet we've ever seen in a big man, but there's less lateral movement, and he's much more hitable. He's been able to evade jabs of rangier fighters with his constant circling and head movement, and is generally good at catching left hooks to the body on his elbow.
Good summation, you're probably right being out of his prime. I'd tend to suggest the extra 10-15kg and Ukranian v Russian conflict has affected his proficiency also.