9/23 ESPN+: Zhilei Zhang vs Joe Joyce 2

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I kinda feel sorry for Joyce in that he was the WBO mandatory, beat Dubois but somehow allows Frank Warren to give Dubious the title shot before himself.

He then takes on a stay busy fight and is stopped twice. Joyce never got his title shot and at 38 may never will.

I like Joe Joyce, he's a cool customer

I feel he would have had a better showing against Usyk than Dubois did

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Who's the next generation prospect in the HW division? I thought the Naija breh was on a good pace until he got beat, but I don't see any standout currently. :patrice:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
31 at HW in this era isn't really old but to your point Frank should be a contender and is fighting on the untelivised card with a damn 17yr making his debut

Exactly. It's like after the Ajagba fight, he was relegated to the shadow realm. Wait so he's facing a 17 yr old Boxer making his debut? Why they treating him like a gatekeeper? :deadrose:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Exactly. It's like after the Ajagba fight, he was relegated to the shadow realm. Wait so he's facing a 17 yr old Boxer making his debut? Why they treating him like a gatekeeper? :deadrose:

lol no Im saying he is on the same portion of the non televised card as Curmel Morton.

You would think Frank Sanchez would be fighting Luis Ortiz then Andy Ruiz and then Wilder and post that he gets a title shot.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
lol no Im saying he is on the same portion of the non televised card as Curmel Morton.

You would think Frank Sanchez would be fighting Luis Ortiz then Andy Ruiz and then Wilder and post that he gets a title shot.

Ohh ok lol. Yeah he should at least be fighting a non-title holder veteran. He's easily the best Heavyweight under 35 and it's not even close

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Ohh ok lol. Yeah he should at least be fighting a non-title holder veteran. He's easily the best Heavyweight under 35 and it's not even close

He is a Canelo fighter too which is amazing he isn't on the main card. The only thing I can see is PBC is shielding him to be fast tracked post Fury/Wilder/AJ/Usyk era.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
He is a Canelo fighter too which is amazing he isn't on the main card. The only thing I can see is PBC is shielding him to be fast tracked post Fury/Wilder/AJ/Usyk era.

Do you think they are doing the same thing to David Morrell?

He's another one they barely promote

• Dap
Reactions: IVS