9/25 DAZN: Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk (WBA/WBO/IBF Heavyweight Titles)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Joshua by a 116-112 like decision with hurting and possibly knocking down Usyk on the way.
Usyk's more skilled but AJ is skilled too and the fresher, more powerful of the two. Usyk looked sluggish (still better than Parker though) to me against Chisora and Whitherspoon, might be his age, injuries and inactivtiy too but it definitely looks like he lost a step since his days at cruiser, looks slower, while AJ looked as good as ever against Pulev, he's peaking now.
A late stoppage isn't out of the question but Usyk is pretty durable and has a good chin so I go with the decision.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joshua by a 116-112 like decision with hurting and possibly knocking down Usyk on the way.
Usyk's more skilled but AJ is skilled too and the fresher, more powerful of the two. Usyk looked sluggish (still better than Parker though) to me against Chisora and Whitherspoon, might be his age, injuries and inactivtiy too but it definitely looks like he lost a step since his days at cruiser, looks slower, while AJ looked as good as ever against Pulev, he's peaking now.
A late stoppage isn't out of the question but Usyk is pretty durable and has a good chin so I go with the decision.

Usyk will be fully aware of this challenge also. He has a certain arrogance about him (not in a bad way) where he thinks he’s well above others so will be the very best he can be for this. He knows this is a real fight though he’s extremely confident of victory. This is a great fight, I lean towards AJ but an Usyk win wouldn’t shock me. If AJ lands clean he can do serious damage though, Usyk will have to be elusive but if AJ can throw some shots Usyk doesn’t see coming could cause him big problems with the power he has.

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They couldn't stack this shyt? Wack.

Interested to see some of the fights on the undercard, Okolie with his mandatory defense against an undefeated fighter, Callum Smith at the new weight and Marku vs Prodan, Campbell Hatton not too enthralled about but he's with 258 AJ's mangement company so that probably got him a slot. They could have stacked it, problem is they don't need to cause of the AJ vs Usyk main event, AJ himself will do numbers, with Usyk a worthy opponent who's done several U.K PPV's previously it's gonna do numbers despite the undercard but I agree that ideally I would have liked it to have been more stacked, there's room for 1 or 2 other notable names/fights on there. Possibly they wanna save some of the other fights for DAZN U.K rather than the Sky PPV. Contractually this is AJ's last fight with Sky, he may resign or join DAZN U.K.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Interested to see some of the fights on the undercard, Okolie with his mandatory defense against an undefeated fighter, Callum Smith at the new weight and Marku vs Prodan, Campbell Hatton not too enthralled about but he's with 258 AJ's mangement company so that probably got him a slot. They could have stacked it, problem is they don't need to cause of the AJ vs Usyk main event, AJ himself will do numbers, with Usyk a worthy opponent who's done several U.K PPV's previously it's gonna do numbers despite the undercard but I agree that ideally I would have liked it to have been more stacked, there's room for 1 or 2 other notable names/fights on there. Possibly they wanna save some of the other fights for DAZN U.K rather than the Sky PPV. Contractually this is AJ's last fight with Sky, he may resign or join DAZN U.K.
Wish they added another HW bout on it.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wish they added another HW bout on it.

Yeah I agree, think that would help, either that or a good women's fight. Could have had Jonas or Marshall on the bill considering their fights got postponed and given them the look, or could have put someone like Fraizer Clarke from the Olympics on it for his pro debut, or another good competitive heavyweight fight, the overall card would be better if they added a women's one and a good heavyweight one. Few decent fights still so I'm gonna watch, but I think usually Dillian Whyte undercards are more stacked because he's not as big a star as AJ so they had to stack it for PPV in a sense to justify it.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is DAZN even promoting this fight. Almost forgot it was happening. Where's the buzz:what:

In the U.K it's on Sky Sports PPV, in some other territories around the world DAZN. It's gonna do big numbers on Sky PPV, all the tickets sold out too. They will probably up the promotion soon, because of travel restrictions they couldn't do the in person press conference to announce the fight they wanted to, I think I heard they are having to do something digitally and then an in person one when they can get Usyk to U.K without any restrictions so it doesn't interrupt his camp at all.