9/30/2023: SHO PPV - Canelo vs Charlo (Undisputed Super Middleweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Key word on your post is "WAS"... that interview was way back in 2020 when he entertained the idea of fighting Spence at 160.. This was 8 fights ago. Before the injuries and surgeries when he was still in his 20s.. If at age 33 he's no longer willing to go down in weight then :yeshrug:

Jesus Christ fam. You're just gonna keep ignoring the fact that video was from 3 years ago :pachaha:

I literally laid everything out right there for you to see. But if you wanna run with the narrative that canelo is scared of bud be my guest. Canelo even said that he's not gonna get credit. But if it makes sense he's down for it. So basically, if he gets paid what he deserves then let's make it happen. But low-key it seems like bud's energy is switching up.

Nah Canelo is not scared. But he knows for sure that the fight with Crawford is a much tougher fight than with Charlo or Spence

Hey like I said, no hate towards Canelo. He's Boxing's biggest star, he can do what he wants. He should just straight up say "I'm the A side and I don't want to fight Crawford". Simple. But saying he'll "get no credit for fighting a smaller guy" or randomly saying "Crawford didn't fight anybody outside of Spence".... things like that is what keeps the internet chattering lol

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Nah Canelo is not scared. But he knows for sure that the fight with Crawford is a much tougher fight than with Charlo or Spence

Hey like I said, no hate towards Canelo. He's Boxing's biggest star, he can do what he wants. He should just straight up say "I'm the A side and I don't want to fight Crawford". Simple. But saying he'll "get no credit for fighting a smaller guy" or randomly saying "Crawford didn't fight anybody outside of Spence".... things like that is what keeps the internet chattering lol
Or course canelo knows bud will be tougher than Charlo and Spence. Canelo has always given bud his props. He knows he's a different animal.

But the main thing we should focus on is canelo saying "if it makes sense then we can make it happen". So canelo is definitely open to it. He was just pointing out the medias hypocrisy. But I think canelo is salivating at the thought of getting bud in the ring. It will kind of be an opportunity to get redemption for that Floyd L. Since bud is now seen as an all time great. Canelo would definitely want buds name on his resume.

I think they're on a collision course as long as they win their next fights. But no matter what I think David has to be next for canelo before anything. And that's the fight I think he wants most of all. That's personal for him now. Plus bud still gotta rematch Spence.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
On the contrary. Bud himself didn't dig up this interview, he was replying to someone else who posted it yesterday

Bud is actually saying Canelo was more than willing to make the fight with Spence and using the "willing to come down to 160" to show how eager he was to fight Spence and all of a sudden him "getting no credit for winning against a smaller man" didn't matter :deadrose:
I heard this was 3 years ago, when Canelo was just beginning at 168. Is that true?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Or course canelo knows bud will be tougher than Charlo and Spence. Canelo has always given bud his props. He knows he's a different animal.

But the main thing we should focus on is canelo saying "if it makes sense then we can make it happen". So canelo is definitely open to it. He was just pointing out the medias hypocrisy. But I think canelo is salivating at the thought of getting bud in the ring. It will kind of be an opportunity to get redemption for that Floyd L. Since bud is now seen as an all time great. Canelo would definitely want buds name on his resume.

I think they're on a collision course as long as they win their next fights. But no matter what I think David has to be next for canelo before anything. And that's the fight I think he wants most of all. That's personal for him now. Plus bud still gotta rematch Spence.

Yeah I agree. I'm kind of indifferent about the possible matchup. It's more of a "shyt, why not?" type of fight that can be very entertaining and would have an absolute huge buildup. Neither of these fighters necessarily NEEDS each other, but it would be awesome if it happened

Yeah Canelo needs to fight Benevidez. Mostly because the public really really really wants to see this fight, and it's a no brainer

Although I won't look past Andrade though. That won't be an easy fight for Benevidez, because he can surely lose this upcoming fight

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Yeah I agree. I'm kind of indifferent about the possible matchup. It's more of a "shyt, why not?" type of fight that can be very entertaining and would have an absolute huge buildup. Neither of these fighters necessarily NEEDS each other, but it would be awesome if it happened

Yeah Canelo needs to fight Benevidez. Mostly because the public really really really wants to see this fight, and it's a no brainer

Although I won't look past Andrade though. That won't be an easy fight for Benevidez, because he can surely lose this upcoming fight
I just wanna see Bud fight Tszyu and Charlo(maybe Boots too) becominh undisputed at 154 and retire... fights that actually make sense.. Bud, Spence, and lil Charlo fighting Canelo big ass never made any sense to me

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
watched the Epilogue.....Charlos is gonna look back and regret not going for broke and taking chances in this fight :francis:
You could see how disappointed everyone on his team was :francis:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I just wanna see Bud fight Tszyu and Charlo(maybe Boots too) becominh undisputed at 154 and retire... fights that actually make sense.. Bud, Spence, and lil Charlo fighting Canelo big ass never made any sense to me

I would love to see Bud fight Boots. It would ironically be a Floyd vs Canelo type of fight

People say it wouldn't make money, but I believe it would be a old generation vs new generation Boxing match

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
See this is where punch stats could actually be misleading cause yes he was throwing punches but he wasn't commiting to anything
No power or snap on like 90% of the bullshyt he threw. Was just throwing shyt out to stay busy

This is what I was trying to explain to the one cat earlier when I said Charlo had Alligator arms/was short arming a lot of punches, thanks.

Breh COULD have done a lot better than that survival performance.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
No. They didnt. That was some wack YouTube channel needing views...there is no way Spence and Crawford sparred each other with no witnesses...stupid shyt.

That was Shane Mosely giving that shyt some gas. Cats in here are still on that high horse after one certified victory :mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
SO HAPPY for Lubin :blessed:

He definitely should get a title shot now, and face the winner of Tim Tszyu and Mendoza

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
One hour cardio this morning so I was able to watch the epilogue while I was in the elliptical machine. As far as the fight is concerned, I'm probably going to go back and watch it again just to confirm some of my suspicious, one of them being, Charlo, like Errol, doesn't know how to counterpunch.

There were a few times where Canelo would throw that looping hook to body. Charlo probably could have done done damage. But I think it was a combination of not knowing how to effectively counter as well as being extremely timid after he felt the power.