9/9/99 - REMEMBERING THE DREAMCAST (16 YEARS LATER)

Super Ramon

Banned
Daps
Reppin
T-unit
Got mines late. Got it for my bday sept 2001. Couple months later grandma bought me the Xbox and the dreamcast went to the bushes. I only had 2 games for it anyway. Sonic adventure 1 & 2 :manny:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Mine still hooked up in my office. you could use that VMU in the controller to call plays in NFL 2K:mjcry:

Dreamcast_VMU.jpg

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
16 years and still thinking: Happy September 9th, SEGA Dreamcast fans! - SEGAbits

Another September 9th is upon us, a date that is very important to American SEGA fans. Sixteen years ago today, SEGA released the Dreamcast to the American public. Looking back, it was a bittersweet launch, as it was the last home console to be released by SEGA. Of course, we didn’t know that at the time. Back then, September 9th was nothing but excitement, and there was so much to be excited about! I know I may get some flack for saying this, but the Dreamcast’s American launch lineup stands as the best launch lineup in video game history. Just look at what games were available on day one: Air Force Delta, Blue Stinger, Expendable, Flag to Flag, House of the Dead 2, Hydro Thunder, Monaco Grand Prix, Mortal Kombat Gold, NFL 2K, NFL Blitz 2000, PenPen TriIcelon, Power Stone, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Sonic Adventure, SoulCalibur, TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, TrickStyle. A variety of first and third party titles spanning multiple genres, some returning franchises like Sonic, House of the Dead, and Mortal Kombat and some new ones that would go on to become major successes like SoulCalibur and the 2K series of games.

Over the past five years, SEGAbits has covered a lot of Dreamcast content. To celebrate today’s anniversary, we want to share some of our favorite Dreamcast interviews, features, and reviews. If you haven’t seen or read these before, we suggest you check them out. If you read them in the past, a second time wouldn’t hurt!

dc15.png

The Life, Death, and Rebirth of a Classic Console
Written by George on September 9th, 2014

It’s hard to think that the Dreamcast turned 15 years old today. For many of the writers here at SEGAbits, the Dreamcast holds a special place in our hearts, and even though the console was active in retail for less than 2 years, it amounted itself an incredible amount of great games. Let’s look back at the history of the iconic console, its death, rebirth, and its future…