90 Percent Of The U.S. Kids Who Died From The Flu Were Vaccinated

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This year’s particularly severe flu season is finally winding down. Fortunately — despite the fact that hospital emergency rooms overflowed with unusually high numbers of sick patients, several cities declared a state of public health emergency, and the CDC officially declared it an epidemic — the fatality rates weren’t significantly higher than usual. The CDC reports that 105 children died from the flu this winter, an average toll.
But the agency also noted that, even though all but four of the children who passed away were old enough to get a flu shot, 90 percent of them did not get vaccinated. CDC officials recommend that all children over 6 months old get a flu shot, but Americans still aren’t necessarily following that advice. This past winter, less than half of Americans got their flu shots.
In fact, more broadly, Americans aren’t getting all of the vaccinations that the CDC recommends. The federal agency recently reported that “unacceptably low” numbers of adult Americans are getting their shots for infectious diseases. That could partly be because some lingering stigma surrounding vaccines has perpetrated myths, like the false idea that getting the flu shot will lead to contracting influenza — or the misguided right-wing fearmongering that vaccines lead to autism or mental retardation.
90 Percent Of The U.S. Kids Who Died From The Flu This Year Didn't Get Their Vaccinations | ThinkProgress

Tell me more about how Americans love their children...

:ohhh:

Autism herp derp

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Always skipped shot day in school :blessed:

Never got sick :blessed:

Super African Slave genetics :blessed:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Ask Australia how they're anti-vaccination movement is going.

Tons of children are now dying from whooping cough because people stopped vaccinating due to the movement.

edit: its not whooping cough, its another disease. I can't remember, heard it on the skeptics guide podcast.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I never got the flu shot and never caught the flu and I'm 29. But that's sad that those kids passed away.

Thread title states they were vaccinated

Article clearly states were not vaccinated.

:what:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
090971074e80a9b8b61e39eb65574a33.gif

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
ive never had a flu shot, and never will get one.

hep, and meningitis only shots ive ever had since the age of 7.

dont trust them nikkas over there

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That was deep mowgli thanks for sharing!

These shots are dangerous. I wouldnt advise loading your child up with more than 2 at a time and definately space them the hell out but if you end up getting sick from it :yeshrug: you're in a minority. A minority with weak genetics.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
These shots are dangerous. I wouldnt advise loading your child up with more than 2 at a time and definately space them the hell out but if you end up getting sick from it :yeshrug: you're in a minority. A minority with weak genetics.

Yes I too long the days of yore when polio, tb, and other now preventable diseases swept our country.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yes I too long the days of yore when polio, tb, and other now preventable diseases swept our country.

Alot of kids died from those vaccines and im sure a lot of parents had issues with them but its hard to acknowledge sometimes that your genetic may not have been strong enough to survive the cure.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Alot of kids died from those vaccines and im sure a lot of parents had issues with them but its hard to acknowledge sometimes that your genetic may not have been strong enough to survive the cure.

Oh that's what happened?