9th Wonder & Bob James conversation around sampling

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
The part about the inside of the vinyl being higher quality than the outside, so making sure your favorite songs are earlier so they have better sound quality? Because the needle starts at the outside and moves in?

I didn’t think that seemed bad at all. :picard: He was just talking about the manufacturing process of wax, right?

I’m all for burning him if he said something fukked up, but I don’t think we should jump on Bob of it doesn’t fit. Nautilus being a throw away isn’t totally new news. He famously told RZA that hearing Daytona 500 made him wish that he had played that groove in the song for longer, and RZA made him appreciate the song more.

eh I feel like it can go either way .

If you used my break beat to be the backbone of you your best , most critically acclaimed album and then when I’m interviewed about said breakbeat, I deliberately say “that was a throw away”:sas1: :youngsabo::smugdraper::heh::smugbiden::smugfavre::usure:

I dunno ... :patrice:

on some , oh btw ... shyt didn’t meet MY standard . :usure:

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt tho . :patrice:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
eh I feel like it can go either way .

If you used my break beat to be the backbone of you your best , most critically acclaimed album and then when I’m interviewed about said breakbeat, I deliberately say “that was a throw away”:sas1: :youngsabo::smugdraper::heh::smugbiden::smugfavre::usure:

I dunno ... :patrice:

on some , oh btw ... shyt didn’t meet MY standard . :usure:

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt tho . :patrice:
I feel you, but he gave an explanation as to why it as a throwaway, and it’s backed by actual science.

Back then the early songs on a vinyl really did sound better than the latter songs. And Nautilus is the final track on the album. So it makes a lot of since if it wasn’t their favorite to put it later in the track sequence.

I didn’t hear any negativity about the song. He didn’t say he didn’t like it, but just at the time it didn’t stand out as much to them.

I’m with you and giving him the benefit of the doubt on it.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I feel you, but he gave an explanation as to why it as a throwaway, and it’s backed by actual science.

Back then the early songs on a vinyl really did sound better than the latter songs. And Nautilus is the final track on the album. So it makes a lot of since if it wasn’t their favorite to put it later in the track sequence.

I didn’t hear any negativity about the song. He didn’t say he didn’t like it, but just at the time it didn’t stand out as much to them.

I’m with you and giving him the benefit of the doubt on it.
Well said . Well explained . :salute:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been seeing Bob do a lot of interviews lately on hip hop and his original music. Here's something coming up next month.