A Ballerina's Tale

Lithe

All Star
Daps
image_zps2d4ff287.jpeg

Watching this before class this morning, because I just want to watch something positive, and I'm fascinated by the art of dance. Misty Copeland has a great story from what I've read, now I'm excited to watch.

Always good to get in some black excellence everyday!

Has anyone seen it? Thoughts?

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
watched this the other night. Misty is awesome. one thing I wish they would have gone into more detail on was her start, and how great she was despite starting out so late(age 13). thats like Luke Skywalker starting his jedi training at such an old age.

favorite part was her dancing with the older ballerina and the older ballerina remembering the steps from years ago

Lithe

All Star
Daps
watched this the other night. Misty is awesome. one thing I wish they would have gone into more detail on was her start, and how great she was despite starting out so late(age 13). thats like Luke Skywalker starting his jedi training at such an old age.

favorite part was her dancing with the older ballerina and the older ballerina remembering the steps from years ago

Thank you! I'm watching and enjoying it right now! I too was thinking about how she began dancing so late. 13 is young, but in terms of dance, it's old. My little cousin started dance last year at 3, and if she keeps with it (she really loves performing) she could go very far.

This is beautiful.