A Black Woman in New York among the first people in the US to get authorized coronavirus vaccine

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Was waiting to hear her speak, Black nurse in Long Island? I assumed she was going to be Haitian.
She's English Caribbean, Barbados perhaps by her accent.

Also, IN BEFORE
BU BU BU BU WHY COME BLACK IMMIGRANTS GET THE VACCINE FIRST!!!

hehehehehehehehe
She don’t have a Bajan accent bro :gucci:

That a Trini accent or Guyanese

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
She don’t have a Bajan accent bro :gucci:

That a Trini accent or Guyanese
She's from Jamaica

5fd7a505e00bce00188bb32e

The first man to get is is what appears to be Haitian American doctor, going by his name.

(Long Island)Islanders are the human guinea pigs this time.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not telling anyone what do to but no way am I taking the vaccine.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
when has America have given us something good first.

never. the fact that some of the main people pushing/developing it are holding off tells you all you need to know. They are looking at blacks as guinea pigs/beta testers. They think so little of black people they aren't even trying to give a convincing reason for blacks to be first. "Hey a black woman helped develop it, so go ahead and take it!" Lol I wouldn't be surprised if Biden doesn't pop up and say, "You aren't really black if you don't take this vaccine"

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
CNN)A critical care nurse was the first person in New York and among the first people in the United States to get a shot of the coronavirus vaccine authorized by the US Food and Drug Administration.

201214092807-03-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-1214-new-york-super-169.jpg

Sandra Lindsay, an ICU nurse at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in Queens, New York City, was administered the vaccine during a live video event at about 9:20 a.m. ET on Monday. Dr. Michelle Chester, the corporate director of employee health services at Northwell Health, delivered the shot.

"She has a good touch, and it didn't feel any different than taking any other vaccine," Lindsay said immediately afterward.

201214100249-04-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-1214-new-york-sandra-lindsay-super-169.jpg

"I'm feeling well. I would like to thank all the frontline workers, all my colleagues who have been doing a yeoman's job to fight this pandemic all over the world," she said. "I feel hopeful today, relieved. I feel like healing is coming. I hope this marks the beginning of the end of a very painful time in our history."

Chester said the vaccine kit to administer the shot "worked perfectly." Lindsay and Chester, both Black women, were flanked on stage by Michael Dowling, the president and CEO of Northwell Health, who noted the regional hospital system has seen over 100,000 patients with Covid-19.

Though it lasted just seconds, the shot represents a pivotal moment in history: a symbol of scientific speed and rigor; of the crushing burden borne by health care workers; of New York's journey from its dark days as the epicenter of the pandemic; and -- with two Black women front and center -- of the renewed focus on issues of race and gender.

The vaccine is of course more than just symbolism. With the shot, and a second dose in 21 days, Lindsay will be able to more safely visit family, friends, colleagues and patients. Soon, so too will millions of Americans.

"This is a special moment, a special day," Dowling said. "This is what everybody has been waiting for."

Remember Tuskegee brehs:francis: