A Chicago pizzeria said it temporarily closed because of the labor shortage, costing it $5,000. Its

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Now you're sounding like a conservative cac. Everyone isn't going to do that nor does everyone have the aptitude to go get certs. A second job sure. I've never said anything against that actually. If you can't afford a certain amount of workers, then your ass needs to downsize.
You just sound like a clown who wants more for less. You also sound like a clown who can't hustle and never had business of any size in his life. Your low skill restaurant job belongs to college students while they persue greener pastures. If career restaurant workers want more money they can work more hours, get a new job or go work for a restaurant chain.

Maybe they need to challenge their aptitude and seek more. With 9 million jobs available and owners that can barely pay their bills in the US right now we'll probably see alot more closures as big fish takes little fish out.

The trend of not taking decent money for your age and level of skill is a mistep on the part of citizens.

Last edited:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
You just sound like a clown who wants more for less. You also sound like a clown who can't hustle and never had business of any size in his life. Your low skill job belongs to college students while they persue greener pastures. If career restaurant workers want more money they can work more hours, get a new job or go work for a restaurant chain.

The trend if not taking decent money for your age and level of skill is a mistep on the part of citizens.

I'm not only learning how to code, but next year I will be getting my LLC for my photography business. Got more shyt to say nikka?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Amazon Eats and Taco Bell will save Chicago

35 percent of Illinois’ small businesses have closed due to COVID-19, study says
35 percent of Illinois’ small businesses have closed due to COVID-19, study says
More small businesses have closed in Illinois than in any other Midwestern state, except Michigan
JB2WUTOFSZEO7BIYZ5HYUG3AEY.JPG

Closed sign(KKTV)
By WIFR Newsroom
Published: Mar. 30, 2021 at 10:48 AM PDT

CHICAGO, Ill. (WIFR) - Small businesses have been badly damaged in Illinois in the year since state-mandated COVID-19 mitigation protocols took effect across the state.

35 percent of small businesses are closed now compared to before the pandemic, according to data collected from the Opportunity Insights Economic Tracker, a project of Harvard University. Analysis from the nonpartisan Illinois Policy Institute using this data found more small businesses have closed in Illinois than in any other Midwestern state, except Michigan. Illinois’ massive decline in the number of small businesses ranks eighth worst in the nation.

• 50 percent of small businesses in the food services and accommodations industry and 51% of small businesses in the leisure and hospitality industry have closed, compared to before the pandemic. These were the most affected sectors in Illinois.
  • Nearly 38 percent of Illinois small businesses in the educational and health services industry are still closed, the sixth most in the nation.
  • Over 30 percent of small businesses in the transportation industry are still closed in Illinois, the eighth-most in the nation.
  • Nearly 34 percent of small retail businesses have closed, eighth-most in the nation.
Bryce Hill, senior research analyst at the nonpartisan Illinois Policy Institute, offered the following statement, “This data illustrates Illinois small businesses’ struggle to survive during the COVID-19 pandemic over the last year. Small businesses are the main job providers in the state – 69 percent of all new jobs created in Illinois come from firms with fewer than 20 employees. It’s vital they survive and reopen.

Copyright 2021 WIFR. All rights reserved.

The Middle Class being destroyed. This is great news:blessed:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm not only learning how to code, but next year I will be getting my LLC for my photography business. Got more shyt to say nikka?
Yes

You talking about some shyt you about to do and ain't done shyt yet. Holla when you actually have business expenses. An actual business, with staff that aren't working for free, cuz you the homie. Sit down.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Yeah let's destroy the working class and let big greedy corporations take over everything.

Y'all say some of the most dumbest random shyt.

I stand by what I said. Make the rent and cost of living less expensive and I'll change my tune.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Businesses are seeing without their employees you ain't shyt. There needs to be some kind of universal profit sharing model to pay your workers there fair share. 5k a day in revenue times that by 7 days is 1.8 mill annually revenue. After taxes that 1.3 mill, let's say they spent 300k on food and rent. 1 mill profit right there even if you have 9 full time employees you can pay them all $27 an hour and still make over 500k in profits.

Have you ever ran a business my guy? How long did it last?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If you pay $21 an hour and they are all leaving for higher paying jobs then guess what... $21 an hour aint enough.

Its really not that complicated.

I remember the last job I left not all that long ago. They were shocked I was leaving. I told them I found a higher paying better job.

They responded that I was making more than the market average already. :usure:

So? :gucci:I dont care if I was making double market average... if someone else offers me triple, i'm taking that obviously.

You can use all the complex economics you want, but for most jobs that are experiencing this... ya'll simply aint paying enough.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Id have to get two jobs if my skill set required me to bust tables as a 40 year old man.

There are 9 - 10 million jobs available in the United States. If the best job for you is busting tables, maybe you should humble yourself to your situation. These are jobs for the elderly and the young. Not career choices. Get 2 jobs to feed your family or go work for Amazon.

I get it man. Youre ready to bend over for the bank like a common Commie. You're finished.

Goodbye mom and pop. Amazon Eats and Taco Bell save me

Well it appears that unskilled workers are being offered jobs that pay well enough where they don't have to work 2 jobs to keep a roof over Thier head.

It's almost as if mom and pop shops have to compete in this so called free market :jbhmm: