A map of Brooklyn gangs in 1974

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Yall corny fakkit new age nikkas in the thread making fun of the names wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back then.

Why the Jolly Stompers not on that list tho?

This.

My pops and uncle used to say it 50/50 chance you'd get mugged walking through a lot of the hoods in Brooklyn back then..they used to just hang around in Manhattan for the most part and even then it was hazardous. I asked my uncle when he was alive what was the Bronx like back then, that nikka laughed like a hyena and said the Bronx was a "no go" zone for a lot of nikkas.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
It’s crazy the map literally ends at Flatbush.

When you tell old school New Yorkers you a street nikka from Flatbush they always be like :russ:

Yet Flatbush arguably has the largest gang presence in the entire city in 2018. shyt really changes in a few years
Facts but also in the 80’s Flatbush started getting alot more West Indians and motherfukkers didn’t know what to do with us.

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

When you tell old school New Yorkers you a street nikka from Flatbush they always be like :russ:

Yet Flatbush arguably has the largest gang presence in the entire city in 2018. shyt really changes in a few years

I don’t think anyone from ny sleep on Flatbush no more. Most of the old heads I know from the east ny always talk about how Flatbush nikkas bust they gun

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

That’s probably because in the 80s a lot out our parents came here from the carribean. Most nikkas in Flatbush (especially East Flatbush ) are some sort of carribean (Hatian, Guyanese, trini etc)

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
:piss:your life
Nah fukk your life. You are too stupid to realize that this was over 40 years ago and you think young people are that mindless to be doing stupid shyt like this in the gentrification era of Brooklyn.
To be honest are you slow? Borderline?

concise

Veteran
Daps

Facts but also in the 80’s Flatbush started getting alot more West Indians and motherfukkers didn’t know what to do with us.

Map ends there because it comes from the NYPD just for Brooklyn North. Cops in Brooklyn South would have to make their own map.

NYPD%20map%20BK%20North%20(Large).jpg

NYPD%20map%20BK%20South%20(Large).jpg

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
NYers, are most of those areas still gang infested?

Not one of them still around.

The only "old school" ships still moving in Brooklyn is ones that started in like 80s & they all oldheads that didn't grow up and still kill nikkas.

Decepticons in Seth Low/Van Dyke (brownsville)
Brooklyn's Most Wanted in the 9 (e flatbush) and Coney Island.
Together Forever Mafia (no hood, just random nikkas)

In the Bronx some hoods function sorta like California with the generational shyt.. shyt like Six Wild and U-Mobb are neighborhoods more than gangs and you can meet a nikka 60 years old and his grandson U-Mobb.. But like he might be U-Mobb and Blood, or U-Mobb and YG.

CrownHeights

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
In Sunset Park where I live at I remember when I was a youngin in the 90s seeing Latin Kings and Netas. There used to be bangouts daily at what is now Sunset Terrace in 47th street. That street from 7th ave to 3rd ave was a no go zone. I was little so I didn’t really know shyt but the older I get and the stories I heard of the spots I usually be at and now the neighborhood is safe. Which is good because it’s an immigrant community. Gang banging these days is corny now. But I will say this Latin Kings are on the rise. They about to make a major comeback. They own a club uptown that in two different occasions I went and everytime was filled with LK nikkas.

Out of all the gangs in the city, The LK's were always the coolest. Never fukked with dudes for no reason, unlike the bloods and crips who I beefed with:pacspit:

That being said I remember some LK's pushing this rival onto the tracks of a moving train :damn: Dude narrowly escaped by jumping into the next track. They were cool but was viscous when beefing with cats.