A salon snuck relaxer into shampoo it used on this black woman’s natural hair

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I would be pissed...at least I think I would I'm so mad at my hair right now I probably would be indifferent :why:

Ci367tBVAAEQU8i.jpg

When a Georgia woman recently scheduled an appointment at Lucy’s Dominican Hair Salon in Marietta, she assumed that the blow out she’d asked for would consist of a simple shampooing, conditioning, and of course, blow drying.

Though she left the salon satisfied, three days later, she noticed something amiss when she washed her hair at home in preparation to style it into twists. For some reason, her hair refused to curl as it naturally would and large chunks appeared to have been unusually straight. When she called the salon about just what they had done to her hair, they informed her that chemical relaxer had been added to the shampoo without her knowledge.

As anyone with naturally curly, kinky hair will explain to you, usingany amount of relaxer isn’t something that you do casually. The active ingredients in most relaxers are alkaline chemicals like lye or ammonium sulfite that have a pH somewhere between 10 and 14. The caustic properties of these substances break down hair’s protein structure, resulting looser, straighter curls. Cases in which relaxer is left in for too long can result in severely damaged hair and irritated skin.

According to the woman, a representative from the salon informed her that it was standard procedure to mix a small amount of relaxer into the shampoo used for people with natural hair and that it wasn’t cause for concern.

I reached out to the woman who originally posted the screenshot to Twitter, but she was not immediately available to confirm the identity of the original poster. When I spoke with someone from Lucy’s salon this afternoon asking about whether it was their policy to mix relaxer in with their shampoo, I was informed that the business was not currently commenting on the story.

A Salon Snuck Relaxer Into Shampoo It Used on This Black Woman's Natural Hair

Superstar
Daps
no offense but i wouldn't go to a dominican salon in the first place. another review of the salon

Took my daughter here an when i tell yu it was the worst experience ever let me start off by saying my daughter is 12! Never had any chemicals in her hair an this was her 1st time goin to a salon so she was super stoked! Anyway first off they quoted me one price of 50$ to wash an silk press but when they were done they say it would be 75$ because (w/out permission) they had to use some kind of special detangler an conditioner. An on top of that the end results were were horrible the roots of her hair was very frizzy i could have done that myself so i refuse to pay the extra so the lady went on to insult my childs texture of hair rite in front of her. The only reason i let it go was because i didnt want to get arrested in front of my child. But i really felt as if i was robbed for my 50$ ladies do yur research i kno i will!!!

Last edited:

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Annnd there goes me going to any salon in the future...like ever. Because some salons be shady as fukk. It's best to know a friend who does hair imo.

I would be mad as fukk..she could sue them, right?

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
no offense but i wouldn't go to a dominican salon in the first place. another review of the salon

Took my daughter here an when i tell yu it was the worst experience ever let me start off by saying my daughter is 12! Never had any chemicals in her hair an this was her 1st time goin to a salon so she was super stoked! Anyway first off they quoted me one price of 50$ to wash an silk press but when they were done they say it would be 75$ because (w/out permission) they had to use some kind of special detangler an conditioner. An on top of that the end results were were horrible the roots of her hair was very frizzy i could have done that myself so i refuse to pay the extra so the lady went on to insult my childs texture of hair rite in front of her. The only reason i let it go was because i didnt want to get arrested in front of my child. But i really felt as if i was robbed for my 50$ ladies do yur research i kno i will!!!
Yup I've read stories like like this before.
So fukked up.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
All time got brehs asking me "Why you don't take that Afro on down to them spanish salon joints and let them Mamis play up in your shyts." :shaq:

:whoa: I did that shyt once and apart from every Santo Domingo bytch talking about me while being directly over my head in spanish, them bytches tried to dry my hair with fukking Paper Towel while everybody else got full on regular towels.:why: Unless that shyt's an emergency you should stay with the folk that got the same texture of hair as you when it comes to paying people to handle it.:beli: