A salon snuck relaxer into shampoo it used on this black woman’s natural hair

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I would not recommend any natural with a hair texture courser than a 3A-3B to go to a Dominican salon; they are known for doing shady shyt like this.

I do my own hair because I've heard too many horror stories from other women.
Yes they use extremely hot blow dryers that pretty much fry your hair straight. It's so hot it burns. I went once and I said never again this shyt is demonic. A lady I know went often and her hair fell out within a month. These people don't acknowledge blackness what makes you think there gonna know how to properly take care of kinky hair? :usure:

Last edited:
Daps
:damn: OMG! She is worried about straight hair when she REALLY needs to be worried about her hair falling out! Did they sneak the neutralizer in that routine as well because if not she is going to start losing whole chunks of her scalp! This mess is horrifying.

I haven't been in a salon since I first went natural and my old hair stylist tried to ruin my hair when I was graduating. I had been going to her since middle school. :to: The second I told her I was going full on natural and wanted some curls for my graduation without a perm, she immediately started saying I shouldn't because I wouldn't get a job and all of this nonsense of flat ironing it instead. It's still doing damage regardless of it being heat or chemical, so I was like nah, I'm not doing any of that. :beli: Now keep in mind I had only an inch worth of new growth in my hair that was natural. This bytch decided to take each curler and pull my hair so damn tight, I lost all pattern in my scalp. :pacspit:Ten years. TEN DAMN YEARS of her doing my hair and she had the nerve to pull that stunt on me. A week after graduation, I cut all of my mid-shoulder length hair off down to one inch of my scalp. That stupid precious straight hair that her and the rest of those ignorant b*stards loved to have their hands in all the damn time my entire life. :wtb:I vowed to never let another mofo touch my hair again, natural or regular. I just couldn't trust that they wouldn't do anything fukked up. Apparently, I was right in that assumption. :snoop:

:whoo: Whew, that brought back some old memories.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Im growing out my hair so its good that you posted this since I have no clue about hair salons.

MWinn

Pro
Daps
It's actually not so easy to find a good natural healthy hair stylist in Atlanta. I researched salons for days and still felt the result was basic and overpriced.

Daps
no offense but i wouldn't go to a dominican salon in the first place. another review of the salon

Took my daughter here an when i tell yu it was the worst experience ever let me start off by saying my daughter is 12! Never had any chemicals in her hair an this was her 1st time goin to a salon so she was super stoked! Anyway first off they quoted me one price of 50$ to wash an silk press but when they were done they say it would be 75$ because (w/out permission) they had to use some kind of special detangler an conditioner. An on top of that the end results were were horrible the roots of her hair was very frizzy i could have done that myself so i refuse to pay the extra so the lady went on to insult my childs texture of hair rite in front of her. The only reason i let it go was because i didnt want to get arrested in front of my child. But i really felt as if i was robbed for my 50$ ladies do yur research i kno i will!!!
How traumatic! :mjcry: