A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
@Adam3000

Which book is it that really goes in-depth about a lot of the battles and tourneys? The TV series does such a poor job at showing how badass some of the knights in Westeros are, especially Jaime. Even though I'm #StarkSetWolfGangKillEmAll (:umad:), Jaime was always cold to me because he just liked to fukk and fight.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
@Adam3000

Which book is it that really goes in-depth about a lot of the battles and tourneys? The TV series does such a poor job at showing how badass some of the knights in Westeros are, especially Jaime. Even though I'm #StarkSetWolfGangKillEmAll (:umad:), Jaime was always cold to me because he just liked to fukk his sister and fight.
Fixed. :scusthov:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
@Adam3000

Which book is it that really goes in-depth about a lot of the battles and tourneys? The TV series does such a poor job at showing how badass some of the knights in Westeros are, especially Jaime. Even though I'm #StarkSetWolfGangKillEmAll (:umad:), Jaime was always cold to me because he just liked to fukk and fight.

I dont know. Bits and pieces are sprinkled everywhere

Probably better just to read the ASOIAF Wiki to get all the info in one place

Also, watch the "History of Westeros" chapters 1-3 from the HBO blu-rays. Can get them on youtube

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Also, I suggest picking up the "A World of Ice and Fire" book. Really good read, expands on the history of just about everything. Tells the stories of how cold some of these dudes were (Aegon the Conqueror bossing up on everyone was beautiful to read :banderas:)

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Also, I suggest picking up the "A World of Ice and Fire" book. Really good read, expands on the history of just about everything. Tells the stories of how cold some of these dudes were (Aegon the Conqueror bossing up on everyone was beautiful to read :banderas:)

Gonna get this soon. I haven't read the Dunk & Egg novellas yet either, I've been slipping.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
@Don Hollywood Herrera and i have discussed before how arianne martell fully deserves heavy lusting after, but would get a breh in serious trouble

and im not ashamed to admit i feel the same way about Val and Melisandre

i'd have little wildling shadowb*stards killing pretenders all over the realm :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
what's y'all theory with roose bolton being a skin stealing immortal?
Oooh now that's entertaining theory. Nice find! Like the guy in the video said there isn't too much concrete evidence, but it would be kind of cool if it were true. Either way I feel their is some darkness beyond just leeching his blood to Lord Bolton

I always found it weird how when he was talking to Theon he mentioned something like Ramsay would be the doom of House Bolton and he didn't really seem to care. And I believe Lady Dustin (?) mentioned how Roose sees them all as some sort of game. I feel like he knows things everyone else doesn't and operates on a different, darker level.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Oooh now that's entertaining theory. Nice find! Like the guy in the video said there isn't too much concrete evidence, but it would be kind of cool if it were true. Either way I feel their is some darkness beyond just leeching his blood to Lord Bolton

I always found it weird how when he was talking to Theon he mentioned something like Ramsay would be the doom of House Bolton and he didn't really seem to care. And I believe Lady Dustin (?) mentioned how Roose sees them all as some sort of game. I feel like he knows things everyone else doesn't and operates on a different, darker level.

I think Roose in a way kinda like Littleinger just isn't concrned with his "house" and more concerned with his "rule" and his "Ambition".

It doesn't help that the guy that plays him is so damn chilling as well.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
"Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit"

Robb should of keep Lord Leech around :manny:

If I was King I'll make him my hand just gotta watch him

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
"Fear is what keeps a man alive in this world of treachery and deceit"

Robb should of keep Lord Leech around :manny:

If I was King I'll make him my hand just gotta watch him

Keep his ass close...the moment dude was in Harrenhall and didn't have Robb's eyes on him he flipped. Out side of Tyrion, Littlefinger and Varys dude is next on the list of people to not fukk with mentally.
Ramsay has so much potential to be a real true problem on a large scale, but this nikkas weirdness and sadism is gonna keep him from that. If he wasn't so into tourture and hunting people and being a fukking weirdo in general dude could be a true heir to Roose in more than name.