Aaliyahs uncle says Normani should have asked for permission

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m 15 seconds in.. yeah if they got Robin Thicke, they can get Normani too.. it’s too close to that Aaliyah song
The vibe is so obvious with this one, I can sing the chorus to one in a million perfectly with the Normani beat…The Robin Thicke song was a bigger stretch than this.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
EDIT: Blackground (his label) owns her masters

He should just file a lawsuit if he has a case, we all know he doesn't really give a shxt about Aaliyah and never did.
He's only hurt about the potential 9 figures he missed out on because of Aaliyah's untimely death. There is a reason most her music aint on streaming platforms. He tryna get them to pay him a lot of money to make it available, but it just aint worth it

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
It's not the same beat, and not even that close. Also no cricket samples in the background which is a key element of the One in a Million beat. Melody's totally different and Normani doesn't use Aaliyah's vocal cadence.

Not seeing it with this one.
Bullshyt. The beat is a complete ripoff of the One in a million” beat. Ole vanilla ice ass nikka .:hhh:

Daps
Reppin
London baby.
He's only hurt about the potential 9 figures he missed out on because of Aaliyah's untimely death. There is a reason most her music aint on streaming platforms. He tryna get them to pay him a lot of money to make it available, but it just aint worth it

He allegedly sold her catalogue to a Jewish company and they own it.

Superstar
Daps
the article states:

He says ... "I will not stand in the way of something that brings to light the incredible staying power of Aaliyah. So in that light, wishing Normani well with the song and overall career. God bless. I think Aaliyah would be pleased."

An attorney for Blackground confirmed with us that the Aaliyah sample was never officially cleared for use, HOWEVER ... Normani's team insists that "Wild Side" doesn't actually use a direct sample.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
the article states:

He says ... "I will not stand in the way of something that brings to light the incredible staying power of Aaliyah. So in that light, wishing Normani well with the song and overall career. God bless. I think Aaliyah would be pleased."

An attorney for Blackground confirmed with us that the Aaliyah sample was never officially cleared for use, HOWEVER ... Normani's team insists that "Wild Side" doesn't actually use a direct sample.
That’s still a dangerous game. Who knows if his feelings will change? What if timbaland and missy have a change in feelings? Open yourself up to a lawsuit Brehettes.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is something only producers would really here probably. I hear it when people say to listen for it. But if nobody ever mentioned One In A Million,I probably wouldn't have heard it.

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This is something only producers would really here probably. I hear it when people say to listen for it. But if nobody ever mentioned One In A Million,I probably wouldn't have heard it.
Im a producer

They arent the same

Edit: I take that back couldnt hear it that well on my phone

Last edited: