About 7m people who voted for Barack Obama in 2012 then voted for Donald Trump in 2016

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Hillary should've never been the one imo

plenty of different groups w/ LEGIT issues against the Clintons

But let's be honest, the Clinton's have been setting up Hillary's eventual ascension since Bill took office. Obama was never meant to be the candidate in 2008, but he snatched that spot because he was leagues better at playing the game than Hillary and her detractors looked for ANYONE outside of her. The only reason why Bernie wasn't able to do the same was because he wasn't a card carrying Democrat so he was looked at as an outsider rather than Obama who was at least on the same team.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
But let's be honest, the Clinton's have been setting up Hillary's eventual ascension since Bill took office. Obama was never meant to be the candidate in 2008, but he snatched that spot because he was leagues better at playing the game than Hillary and her detractors looked for ANYONE outside of her. The only reason why Bernie wasn't able to do the same was because he wasn't a card carrying Democrat so he was looked at as an outsider rather than Obama who was at least on the same team.
I think Bernie being an outsider obviously hurt him. But he had very little recognition going in. That said Obama was pushed pretty early on. He did The keynote and a slew of other speeches leading up to his nomination:

Barack Obama's speeches: 2002 to 2006

In 2006 they had him Speak at the MLK memorial ground breaking back when he was the only AA serving in the Senate.

Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Groundbreaking, Nov 13 2006 | Video | C-SPAN.org

1h41 if you want to watch. He was certainly groomed to be the nominee.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I think Bernie being an outsider obviously hurt him. But he had very little recognition going in. That said Obama was pushed pretty early on. He did The keynote and a slew of other speeches leading up to his nomination:

In 2006 they had him Speak at the MLK memorial ground breaking back when he was the only AA serving in the Senate.

They still almost got Obama outta here but it was too much for them to overcome. Think the Clinton's were the main ones putting out that false Obama info that Trump was peddling back then :sas2:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

@Paradise50 basically covered what I was gonna say, but yeah even with his status and abilities, Obama had a close run against the Clinton Machine. Its a testament to Obama's ability he was able to triumph over it, a lesser candidate (and lets be honest, Bernie is a lesser candidate than Obama) would have failed there. At this point, the Dems have to give Bernie the baton or else this stink will haunt them for generations.

IMO the best ticket to run is the Biden/Bernie ticket as Joe would carry the Obama voters for the most part and its an olive branch to the Bernie supporters because I truly think Bernie being the head of the ticket would bring up a lot of resentment among the remaining Clinton diehards in the party. That split, is the best overall course for the party, but because of that, you can expect the Dems to fukk it up...

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
@Paradise50 basically covered what I was gonna say, but yeah even with his status and abilities, Obama had a close run against the Clinton Machine. Its a testament to Obama's ability he was able to triumph over it, a lesser candidate (and lets be honest, Bernie is a lesser candidate than Obama) would have failed there. At this point, the Dems have to give Bernie the baton or else this stink will haunt them for generations.

IMO the best ticket to run is the Biden/Bernie ticket as Joe would carry the Obama voters for the most part and its an olive branch to the Bernie supporters because I truly think Bernie being the head of the ticket would bring up a lot of resentment among the remaining Clinton diehards in the party. That split, is the best overall course for the party, but because of that, you can expect the Dems to fukk it up...
The Democratic Party needs change. Seems need to focus on issues that have been neglected by conservatives or broken by conservatives during this re-branding.

I don't think the keys to the party need to be given to anyone. Instead I think there needs to be a strong general platform for national elections and the freedom to allow individual politicians to craft the message their constituents want to hear or what their constituents are saying.

With regard to Bernie and Biden I think they're fine where they are. I don't want either to run for president. Their old, close to dementia, or death by the time 2020 comes.

Just as Obama was able to make that jump from 04 to 08 there needs to be a young strong candidate that excites the party leading up to 2020.that is a ways a way. Or even better, two.

The party needs a competitive primary because that keeps voters engaged.

But the next stop is 2018 and people need to be engaged.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
In an ideal world seems take control of both chambers and keep sending good bills to Trumps' desk and force his hand.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
@Paradise50

Yep, this is what I worry about. The inner fighting will destroy them BUT Trump running again will fukk the conservatives up too because a lot are fed up w/ him. It's just the delusional poor cacs that don't know any better plus the elite

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Yep, this is what I worry about. The inner fighting will destroy them BUT Trump running again will fukk the conservatives up too because a lot are fed up w/ him. It's just the delusional poor cacs that don't know any better plus the elite

I agree, but just like 2016, the Republicans will fall in line even if they despise Trump.

You can always rely on that party to show up, even when they don't want to. That's what Dems are competing with.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I agree, but just like 2016, the Republicans will fall in line even if they despise Trump.

You can always rely on that party to show up, even when they don't want to. That's what Dems are competing with.
:wow: good point

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

Like I said in another thread, the only reason fukkery in 2016 happened is because she and the rest of her backers didn't want a repeat of 2008. That was a L for them and they went full bore ahead in trying to avoid that from happening again.

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

Never underestimate the gullibility of stupid people. Never.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Never underestimate the gullibility of stupid people. Never.

Its blind allegiance. Seriously, I know women in rural TN and military men all around the country that hate Trump yet still voted for him because he was the Republican nominee. These people are loyal to their party no matter what because its easier for them to believe the lie that the party has their back rather than the cold reality that neither party has their best interests at heart. Republican values foster this loyalty in their party, in their believes and in their country from a young age, most can't break the programming if they wanted to.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Its blind allegiance. Seriously, I know women in rural TN and military men all around the country that hate Trump yet still voted for him because he was the Republican nominee. These people are loyal to their party no matter what because its easier for them to believe the lie that the party has their back rather than the cold reality that neither party has their best interests at heart. Republican values foster this loyalty in their party, in their believes and in their country from a young age, most can't break the programming if they wanted to.

but its always been like that, hardcore partisanship isnt something new, its a fact of life, the republican and democratic candidate are guaranteed at least 40 percent of the vote even if donald duck is the nominee, the issue is the people that are not partisan and switch their votes, the party that gets people to switch wins