#AboutBillions Presents "What's An All-Star, When THEE Star Is In Cincy": Broner vs Granados 2-18

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Adrien Broner: The Boxing Game Isn't The Same Without Me!

CINCINNATI - Former four-division world champion and Cincinnati-native Adrien "The Problem" Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) will headline in his hometown as he takes on hard-hitting contender Adrian Granados (18-4-2, 12 KOs) in the 12-round main event of SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING live from the Cintas Center at Xavier University in Cincinnati.

Televised coverage on SHOWTIME begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT and will feature exciting undercard action that will be announced shortly.

"I'm back at home and excited to get back in the ring," said Broner. "I'm ready to fight. The boxing game isn't the same without me. Granados is a solid guy who beat someone that no one thought he would beat. I know him well and I know there's no doubt he'll be ready to fight."

adrien-broner_2.jpg

"I'm fully prepared to go to war with Adrien Broner on February 18 in Cincinnati," said Granados. "I'm very thankful to Tom Brown of TGB promotions and my manager Andy Zak for helping me get this big opportunity on SHOWTIME. I'm training hard and I will come out victorious on fight night."

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by About Billions Promotions and Mayweather Promotions in association with TGB Promotions, are priced at $250, $100, $75, $50 and $30, not including applicable fees, and are on sale today at 3 p.m. ET. Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000.

"This is going to be a great fight and a great step forward for our company," said Ravone Littlejohn, CEO of About Billions. "Cincinnati appreciates when Adrien fights at home. Boxing provides a thrill that exceeds other professional sports in our area."

"Mayweather Promotions is looking forward to co-promoting another event with About Billions, as Adrien Broner looks to put on a big show in his hometown of Cincinnati," said Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions. "We're anticipating a big crowd to support Adrien as he takes on the very tough Adrian Granados, in addition to the exciting undercard bouts that should make this a great night of boxing at Cintas Center and live on SHOWTIME."

"Adrian Granados has demonstrated his skill and his ability to compete in this sport multiple times," said Tom Brown, President of TGB Promotions. "This is proven with his record of huge upsets. I am confident that February 18 will be no different. It will be another win and another big upset."

At 27-years-old, Broner is one of the most accomplished and outspoken young stars in the sport today. After picking up world titles at 130, 135 and 147 pounds, Broner earned a belt in a fourth weight division in October 2015 when he defeated tough Russian Khabib Allakhverdiev via a stoppage in the 12th and final round in his last hometown appearance. Broner boasts a 9-1 record in world title fights on his way to picking up belts in four weight divisions. He will be fighting in his hometown for the 15th time in a pro career that has seen him defeat the likes of Paulie Malignaggi, Daniel Ponce De Leon, Ashley Theophane, John Molina Jr., Antonio DeMarco and Gavis Rees. Broner compiled a 300-19 amateur record under the guidance of his trainer Mike Stafford, who continues to train him throughout his pro career.

A tough fighter representing Chicago, Granados enters this fight on a five-bout winning streak, including his impressive stoppage over then unbeaten top contender Amir Imam in November 2015. Most recently, the 27-year-old dominated Ariel Vasquez over eight rounds in July. Granados has picked up wins over previously unbeaten fighters Mark Salser, Antonio Canas, Antton Slaughter and Imam. Granados' defeats have all come in close contests and by either split or majority decisions. With a win over Broner, Granados can position himself for his first career world title shot.

- See more at: Adrien Broner: The Boxing Game Isn't The Same Without Me! - Boxing News

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Photos: Adrien Broner, Adrian Granados - Go Face To Face

CINCINNATI -- Former four-division world champion Adrien Broner hosted a press conference in his hometown of Cincinnati Tuesday as he prepares to return home to face hard-hitting contender Adrian Granados on Saturday, February 18 from the Cintas Center at Xavier University and live on SHOWTIME®. Photos by Mayweather Promotions.

broner-granados%20(5).jpg

The press conference featured Mayweather Promotions President Floyd Mayweather, who will help promote the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING card that begins at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

broner-granados%20(6).jpg

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by About Billions Promotions and Mayweather Promotions in association with TGB Promotions, are priced at $250, $100, $75, $50 and $30, not including applicable fees, and are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 1-800-745-3000.

broner-granados%20(12).jpg

RAVONE LITTLEJOHN, CEO of About Billions

"This is going to be a great fight for the city of Cincinnati. Adrien is undefeated when he fights in his hometown. We can't wait to do it again.

"It's been a year since Adrien's last fight in Cincinnati and we're excited that the time is now. It's going to be a tough fight. Adrien knows that Granados isn't easy at all.

"We've brought Granados in as a sparring partner before so we know what we're up against. I think this is a perfect matchup for Adrien and the fans to enjoy a great night of action."

broner-granados%20(13).jpg

LEONARD ELLERBE, CEO of Mayweather Promotions

"We know on February 18 that Adrien Broner is going to bring his best. He's one of the top stars in the sport and I know that he's going to put on a great show for his city.

"Adrian Granados has only lost by split or majority decision, no one has ever dominated this man. We know that he's going to be there to make this a competitive fight.

"We're looking forward to working with About Billions on making this a great, sold-out event. This venue is fabulous and we think it will be electric on fight night."

broner-granados%20(4).jpg

MIKE STAFFORD, Broner's Trainer

"Adrien has been training hard for this fight. This is about winning. Adrien wants to win and he wants to compete. This is a going to be an exciting and explosive fight.

"This is going to be a great fight with a great undercard. It's going to be a fun atmosphere and we hope that everyone comes out and supports us on February 18."

broner-granados%20(2).jpg

GEORGE HERNANDEZ, Granados' Trainer

"Mike Stafford and I go all the way back to about 1978 at the Olympic training center. We've trained a lot of guys together and I know him very well. I've come here to bring fighters for sparring since Adrien Broner was a little kid.

"Adrien Broner has the big name and every fighter needs a big name so that he can take that step up. It's a business and we'll mean business inside the ring."

broner-granados%20(13).jpg

- See more at: Photos: Adrien Broner, Adrian Granados - Go Face To Face - Boxing News

#AboutBillions

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
FightHype.com was on hand at the Cintas Center in Cincinnati, Ohio where multi-division former world champion Adrien Broner and jr. welterweight contender Adrian Granados held a press conference to officially announce their upcoming February 18 showdown

#AboutBillions

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

"I just want to be more positive...I'm just trying to better myself...I remember everything...I got an elephant brain...he's tough as nails...you gonna need more than a hammer to put him down...I'm not just some ordinary hammer," stated multi-division former world champion Adrien Broner, who spoke about his upcoming clash with Adrian Granados. Check it out!

"It's all about giving back and helping...we really care about fighters...when Adrien was going through a little roller coaster ride, I brought him out to LA...I just told him I wanted the best for him...it's all a part of growth," stated promoter Floyd Mayweather, who spoke openly about the changes he's seen in Adrien Broner and the advice he gave him during a hard time. Check it out!

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
checking in.

hoping they both bring it in a good clean fight.

Broner can't let the ring rust show.

Broner on points; 8 rounds to 4, no knockdowns

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
checking in.

hoping they both bring it in a good clean fight.

Broner can't let the ring rust show.

Broner on points; 8 rounds to 4, no knockdowns

I think he stops Granados

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Mayweather: Proud Of Broner, He’ll Come Back Better Than Ever

By Keith Idec

Adrien Broner’s future in and out of the ring seemed uncertain when he left his native Cincinnati to visit Floyd Mayweather Jr. in October.

Personal problems plagued Broner then, but Mayweather was optimistic Tuesday that the four-division champion he has mentored is poised to make an emphatic comeback from what was widely viewed as a suicide scare because Broner posted alarming messages on social media. Mayweather was in Cincinnati, where he helped promote Broner’s February 18 fight against Adrian Granados at Xavier University’s Cintas Center (Showtime).

“I’m proud of Adrien Broner,” Mayweather said. “He’s had a minor setback leading to major comeback. He’s going to come back better than ever. But he can’t overlook this opponent. You can look up and, all of a sudden, you’re down.”

broner-mayweather-granados.jpg

Granados (18-4-2, 12 KOs), of Cicero, Illinois, changed the course of his career when he upset previously unbeaten knockout artist Amir Imam in November 2015. Granados stopped Imam (19-1, 16 KOs), of Albany, New York, in the ninth round 13 months ago in Quebec City, Canada.

“No one can overlook Adrian Granados,” Mayweather said. “It’s a really good matchup. This guy definitely reminds me of Marcos Maidana. I don’t know if he can punch like him, but the style and aggressiveness is there. He’s always in action-packed fights.”

The retired Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs) beat Argentina’s Maidana (35-5, 31 KOs), who’s also retired, in back-to-back bouts in 2014. The undefeated five-division champion expects Cincinnati’s Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) to get past Granados, but wants to see more from a fighter who has won world titles in four weight classes since 2012.

“Adrien has speed and power, but I’m looking to see Adrien throwing combinations,” Mayweather said. “That’s what some fighters lack nowadays. We think too much about ‘Money’ Mayweather, and forget about ‘Pretty Boy’ Floyd. He had a 90-percent knockout rate. I think we need to see an aggressive Adrien that will throw combinations while staying smart.”

The 27-year-old Broner will fight for the first time since he scored a ninth-round technical knockout against England’s Ashley Theophane (40-7-1, 11 KOs) on April 1 in Washington, D.C.

Showtime will broadcast Broner-Granados as the main event of what is expected to be a tripleheader. The telecast also should include a 12-rounder between WBC world super welterweight champion Jermell Charlo (28-0, 13 KOs), of Houston, and Dallas’ Charles Hatley (26-1-1, 18 KOs), as well as a junior middleweight match that’ll send Staten Island’s Marcus Browne (18-0, 13 KOs) in against Thomas Williams Jr. (20-2, 14 KOs), of Fort Washington, Maryland.

- See more at: Mayweather: Proud Of Broner, He’ll Come Back Better Than Ever - Boxing News

@patscorpio

Adrien Broner vs Adrian Granados
Jermell Charlo vs Charles Hatley for WBC Junior Middleweight Championship
Thomas Williams Jr vs Marcus Browne

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Adrien Broner set for Feb. 18 fight against Adrian Granados
11:44 AM ET
  • i

Dan RafaelESPN Senior Writer
    Close
    • 2013 BWAA Nat Fleischer Award winner for excellence in boxing journalism
    • ESPN.com boxing writer since 2005
    • Five years at USA Today
    Follow on Twitter

Perhaps this is the kinder, gentler version of Adrien Broner, at least outside the ring.

"I'm here to do less talking, and more fighting and smiling," Broner said on Tuesday at the news conference to announce his upcoming fight with Adrian Granados. "I'm going to put on a great show on Feb. 18. It's all about putting on great performances and winning."

Broner, a former four-division world titleholder, and Granados will meet in 12-round non-title junior welterweight fight in the main event of a Showtime-televised card (9 p.m. ET) at the Cintas Center on the campus of Xavier University in Broner's hometown of Cincinnati.

The bout was originally scheduled for Feb. 11 but moved one week when co-promoters About Billions Promotions and Mayweather Promotions finalized a deal with the Cintas Center, which also hosted the news conference.

i

Adrien Broner is focused on his Feb. 18 fight against Adrian Granados. Prince Williams/WireImage

Broner will be fighting for the first time 10 months. It has been a tumultuous time for the 27-year-old, who had far more drama outside the ring than inside it.

The day before his ninth-round knockout of Ashley Theophane in Washington, D.C., in April, Broner was stripped of his junior welterweight world title for failing to make weight. After the fight, Broner returned to Cincinnati to turn himself in on outstanding arrest warrants related to felony assault charges he faced stemming from a late-night incident outside a Cincinnati bowling alley in January 2016.

On the day the trial was scheduled to start in July, Broner showed up late to the court and was hungover, according to the judge. He held Broner in contempt of court and sent him to jail for a month this past summer. The case was eventually dropped when the accuser failed to show up to testify.

Months later, Broner, apparently at his lowest, posted messages on social media indicating he was contemplating suicide. Now, apparently with his life in order, Broner aims to return to doing what he does best, which is boxing.

"I know that I have what it takes to take over boxing," Broner said. "To do that I need to focus 100 percent on boxing and crafting my skills. That's my mindset and that's what I'm focused on. I go into every fight with the confidence to be myself. If I do what I have to do, I can be victorious. Granados is coming to fight. I have to be focused because he won't lay down.

"It's just about me doing better. It's about changing for the better and being as positive as can be. I'm not bringing negativity to anything I do."

Floyd Mayweather, the retired superstar, president of Mayweather Promotions and a longtime mentor to Broner, has been supportive of him.

"I'm proud of Adrien Broner. He's had a minor setback leading to major comeback," Mayweather said. "He's going to come back better than ever. But he can't overlook this opponent. You can look up and all of a sudden you're down."

Broner has had several fights in Cincinnati and said he will not be distracted by fighting at home, something that has derailed many fighters through the years.

"I've fought at home a lot and to come back with another fight like this is an awesome feeling," Broner said. "I know it's going to be a great night. It's going to be a great night for Cincinnati and for my career. I won't have any distractions fighting at home. I know how to block everything out and stay focused on what's in front of me."

Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) is familiar with Granados (18-4-2, 12 KOs), whom he has had previously in his training camps as a sparring partner. Granados has proven himself to be a quality pro.

All of his defeats are by either split or majority decision against opponents with a combined record of 52-1. Granados has won five fights in a row and one of them was a stunning upset of highly touted and then-undefeated Amir Imam, whom Granados knocked out in the eighth round. Imam came into what was supposed to be a tune-up fight for a mandatory world title shot only to see it go down the drain.

"We've brought Granados into camp for sparring before but I'm a much different fighter now," Broner said. "I know he is too and I think it's going to make an exciting, explosive fight. Granados is no pushover. He's not an opponent that anybody can just pick up a win. I knew Adrian Granados will bring the best out of Adrien Broner."

Granados, 27, of Chicago, displayed his own bit of swagger. Although he is the underdog, many expect him to give Broner a tough fight.

"I'm confident that I'm more determined than any other fighter I'll face," Granados said. "I'll also have a few tricks up my sleeve on fight night. I haven't shown everything in my arsenal. I was in camp with Adrien Broner when he fought (and lost to) Marcos Maidana, so I know him pretty well. I've been compared to Maidana, but everyone has their own style. I'm going to get this win my own way.

"I'm focused on what I have to do as a fighter. We have different weapons and we can mix it up and fight in different ways. The accumulation of my punches can wear a fighter down. Adrien Broner is a great fighter. He's a four-division champion and that's no fluke. He's fought everybody at the championship level. Now he's giving me this opportunity and I've let it be known that the best man will win."

Broner has never been knocked out but Granados said his aim is to become the first to do it.

"I don't like going to the judges' scorecard, and fighting in his hometown, I'm going to try to get a knockout," he said. "I have to do anything in my power to keep the fight out of the judges' hands."

Broner said he will be at his best against Granados and show the world that he has matured and is taking his career seriously.

"I've been on the downside and the upside of boxing, but my name has made it through," he said. "I'm not going to take my talent for granted and I'm going to change for the better.

"It's great to have Floyd and Mayweather Promotions involved in this event. Floyd has always supported me and I owe him a lot. He's really been a mentor to me. He's helped me stay level-headed throughout everything. Right now I'm all about my future, my kids, my team and putting on a great performance as a boxer."

Focused Broner ready for Feb. 18 Granados bout