According to Dennis Graham, Drake lies about their relationship to sell records

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I don't understand why people hold rappers to higher standards when it comes to lyrics. :why:

Any other genre of music you have songwriters and lyrics that don't necessarily reflect the "truth" of what an artist went through. Let it go>>>rap is now mainstream>>>and same rules apply as any other music where songs are written by other people and performed by an artist.
Not just rappers...this particular rapper.

Let Jay say he's not being literal about Obama giving him permission to go to cuba, biggie lie about a shack he lived in, Nas say he was with Halle Berry, Ross say he knows the real Noriega, etc it's whatever.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't try to add credibility to your "objective" angle you're taking by throwing Pac name in there. If a man is going so deep with the ultimate truth about his moms being a crackhead, I'd be pressed to find out what lie he told.

afeni made mention that a lot of the stuff pac spoke to, like her cooking thanksgiving meals, etc., didnt happen because she wasn't doing it. i believe this was an mtv or source interview, and i believe the parts he embellished were actually the positive parts of the story in dear mama, which is why she spoke positively of his ability to craft such a moving picture.

as for my angle. i could give a fukk if you think i'm objective or not. it really doesnt matter to me. it doesnt change the fact that drake isnt the first to lie in his rhymes, and he won't be the last. get over it. :yeshrug:

"They're all weirdos, DeNiros in practice
So don't believe everythin' your earlobe captures, it's mostly backwards
Unless it happens to be as accurate as me
And everythin' said in song you happen to see
Then actually, believe half of what you see
None of what you hear, even if it's spat by me"

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Weird, but he's probably one of the least weird people at his level in entertainment. We hold him to rapper standards.

I would tell those same lies if it allowed me to make much more money. Who am I hurting?
Your father evidently or he (drake's dad) wouldn't feel the need to pull him aside and ask him to stop it

I don't understand why people hold rappers to higher standards when it comes to lyrics. :why:

Any other genre of music you have songwriters and lyrics that don't necessarily reflect the "truth" of what an artist went through. Let it go>>>rap is now mainstream>>>and same rules apply as any other music where songs are written by other people and performed by an artist.

then you don't understand rap

hand me a piece of paper and say sing like ron isley, i couldn't in a million years... hand me a piece of paper and tell me rap like jay-z and i'll have that shyt down in 20 minutes

rap talent = the writing

rap is more like poetry where singing is the skill in other genres... even rock you gotta have a good lead singer... rap never cared about any of that. money or no money... drake knew that.. which is why he tried to hide it... cause he KNEW better.. even after all the money, he knew to keep lying

but that's not even what this is about.... this isn't about drake not writing.... this is about drake shytting on his dad in raps, while his dad is begging him to stop, cause it's not true and makes him look bad... you gotta ask what type of person would trash his dad's name in the streets

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Because every other second rappers are telling you that "This shyt is real! I'm a real one! I keep it real. No cap!" and all that silly stuff.

Right. Can’t have it two ways. Can’t use “keeping it real” as a meritocracy then conveniently act like those judging by it are in the wrong.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I would tell those same lies if it allowed me to make much more money. Who am I hurting?

umm, maybe the ppl who music is their only form of therapy. And they hear something like this in a song that gives them hope about their situation/relationship with a parent. And then to find out it's fake.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I wonder what he lied about? Maybe his pops not being there and stuff.

Kal-El

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let that boy live breh...shyt ain't that deep.