Acquiescence - Egypt coming to grips w/ Trump's decision on Jerusalem

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The environmental issues in Gaza seem past the tipping point and it's not a self sustaining country. I think the world need to be realistic with their solution.

Land swap with Israel? Does Palestine really want to give up coastal territory?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Land swap with Israel? Does Palestine really want to give up coastal territory?

Either with Israel and or get land from one of the neighboring Arab states. I would say the land should go to Egypt alone but the security risk would still be there because of ISIS in the peninsula. Maybe a joint Israel/Egypt ownership and have the land be national park. No matter what I don't think there should be any development and maybe the ecosystem with help can repair itself.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Maybe a joint Israel/Egypt ownership and have the land be national park. No matter what I don't think there should be any development and maybe the ecosystem with help can repair itself.

This is the first time I've heard about Gaza's ecosystem being in dire straits. But it also sounds like you want the Palestinians in Gaza to leave as well.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This is the first time I've heard about Gaza's ecosystem being in dire straits. But it also sounds like you want the Palestinians in Gaza to leave as well.

I've seen a few documentaries and read some article about it. I think it's the only practical solution unfortunately.

1.)Hamas and Israel can't see eye to eye and it's the only thing that can stop the waves of retribution.
2.)Gaza headed for 'environmental catastrophe'
3.) Can't create or afford the energy needed to be sustainable

:manny:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I've seen a few documentaries and read some article about it. I think it's the only practical solution unfortunately.

1.)Hamas and Israel can't see eye to eye and it's the only thing that can stop the waves of retribution.
2.)Gaza headed for 'environmental catastrophe'
3.) Can't create or afford the energy needed to be sustainable

:manny:

Hamas and Fatah have an unity-reconciliation agreement. So in reality, it's not Hamas, but also the full PA that doesn't see eye-to-eye with Israel.

So basically all the money that Israel collects for the PA a part of that needs to go to Gaza so they can start to fund an actual desalination plant. They have the money but Israel is blocking the materials needed to build it.

Gazans don't need to leave Gaza. Israel needs to stop preventing necessary materials from getting into Gaza and therefore allowing the situation to worsen.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Hamas and Fatah have an unity-reconciliation agreement. So in reality, it's not Hamas, but also the full PA that doesn't see eye-to-eye with Israel.

So basically all the money that Israel collects for the PA a part of that needs to go to Gaza so they can start to fund an actual desalination plant. They have the money but Israel is blocking the materials needed to build it.

Gazans don't need to leave Gaza. Israel needs to stop preventing necessary materials from getting into Gaza and therefore allowing the situation to worsen.
wishful thinking isn't going to get us anywhere

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ok. You're anti-Palestinian. Got it.

Not in the least but it's clear that the status quo doesn't work. The Palestinians have been doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome. It's irrational.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Not in the least but it's clear that the status quo doesn't work. The Palestinians have been doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome. It's irrational.

Gaza is an open-air prison. What exactly are they supposed to do or supposed to do different? Abbas has had the West Bank follow all the rules Israel gave it and it's still an occupied territory and now they just got East Jerusalem taken away from them? What are they supposed to do or supposed to do different? Israel has had years to resolve this. They keep moving the goal posts. Land grabs in West Bank, East Jerusalem being cordoned off, not allowed to get building permits, constantly getting houses and buildings destroyed, refusing to adhere to the agreement to go back to the 1967 territories, building a wall that not only kept would-be terrorists out but also happen take arable land and aquifers.

Palestine is occupied territory, Palestinians are not in a position of power or influence, and they're at the mercy of Israel who want to not only take over Jerusalem but also Gaza and the West Bank.

What exactly are Palestinians supposed to do in this situation?

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The environmental issues in Gaza seem past the tipping point and it's not a self sustaining country. I think the world need to be realistic with their solution.
I'm not to knowledgeable about the environmental issues in the country.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm not to knowledgeable about the environmental issues in the country.

I'm pretty positive I saw one done by PBS and I can't remember the producer of the other one I saw. It's worth learning about.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
israel could vote to facefukk your mother and you would only ask if it was hard enough ::camby:

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

In Gaza, a water crisis is putting Palestinian lives at risk. Less than four percent of fresh water is drinkable and the surrounding sea is polluted by sewage. That's according to a report published by Oxfam International. It's one of the many reasons why the United Nations says Gaza could even become uninhabitable by 2020.
But first, the Palestinian movement Hamas has a new leader. Ismail Haniyeh is seen as a relative moderate, at a time the group is seeking to end its international isolation.

And without education, the children of Mosul had been feared lost to poverty and conflict. But thousands are now returning to school after parts of the city were recently recaptured from the Islamic State group.
Water crisis in Gaza Strip puts lives at risk - France 24

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Israel is the occupying force. It collects taxes on behalf of the PA. You're seriously telling me that it cannot fix the sewage issue or have some other organization or country (ex: France) to come and fix it.

This is Germany thread all over again. Hamas may not have been good caretakers, but Israel is the one exacerbating the issue and preventing it from being fixed.

This is not a population problem, but a government problem. So it needs a government solution, not a "tell all the Gazans to leave" solution.