AEW Double or Nothing, PPV Buys are in... :scust: :mjcry:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
that Us vs them mentality is what killed TNA, I hope that was only used for this show.

I agree that it's a dangerous motto to rely on, specially mid/long term. But they've been really successful with it so far, much more than TNA.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
that Us vs them mentality is what killed TNA, I hope that was only used for this show.
They asked Tony Khan about this after the show and he basically said he’s leaving it up to the individual person on how to view the relationship between AEW and WWE. There is no consensus company view. Cody says it’s war but he just wants an alternative and a good wrestling show.

I think it’s a smart business strategy because unlike TNA they can throw a stone and hide their hands if it gets too hot.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I agree that it's a dangerous motto to rely on, specially mid/long term. But they've been really successful with it so far, much more than TNA.
I think in the short term you have to have some established WWE stars to kick things off and draw casuals in with recognizable names. But the key is you have to use them to build up your original guys and just about every promotion but ECW completely failed at that shyt. That's been the main problem - TNA just wanted to be WWE 2.0

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
If they was smart they’d hire Russo :manny:

Wet T-shirts and bra and panty matches :noah:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think what Dave said was based on the Google trends, using UFC shows as the measuring stick, it should be in that range. Seems pretty high to me.

But they would need the conversion rate to be the same as well. You can be discussed but does it translate to actual buys. Either way this show was a big success just given all the mainstream exposure it ended up getting..

FRIED MASON

Superstar
Daps
this is a little off subject but why does every thread turn into an echo chamber?

One person will say something and then the next 9 posts they are repeating the same thing

It happens in damn near every thread in every forum here its like its some robots that post here :merchant:

It's been like that for the past 2 decades.