AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Forbes: "AEW estimated value: $2 Billion"

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

After 3 years, Alvarez wonders if perhaps you have to be part of a secret club to enjoy AEW.

“If you’re an observer subscriber you get it, others maybe not so.”

“If you enjoy the action, that’s great, but to others it might come off as a little secret club-ish.”

Someone wrote in that if you have access to Twitter you should be able to get all the references and that a lot of the discourse in AEW comes from people who “choose” not to be informed. Alvarez answered:

“I’m on Twitter and I don’t follow everything 24/7, it’s impossible. A lot of viewers aren’t scouring Twitter. It’s not that they are trying not to learn. There’s a lot of stuff that goes on outside of television. Some fans don’t like to feel like they don’t know what’s going on.”

Most of us been saying this since the beginning. :yeshrug:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

After 3 years, Alvarez wonders if perhaps you have to be part of a secret club to enjoy AEW.

“If you enjoy the action, that’s great, but to others it might come off as a little secret club-ish.”

Someone wrote in that if you have access to Twitter you should be able to get all the references and that a lot of the discourse in AEW comes from people who “choose” not to be informed. Alvarez answered:

“I’m on Twitter and I don’t follow everything 24/7, it’s impossible. A lot of viewers aren’t scouring Twitter. It’s not that they are trying not to learn. There’s a lot of stuff that goes on outside of television. Some fans don’t like to feel like they don’t know what’s going on.”

these people still haven't figure out that if it doesn't happen on tv it doesn't count. Even if something happens as a WWE.com exclusive or on Being the Elite or whatever then you have to also show it on TV for people to know about it. I said this like 3 years ago and they still tryna do the "you need to follow all our accounts to get it mess".

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If AEW is on YouTube I am not going to watch, and I am also not going to watch BTE when there is much better stuff to watch on YouTube AEW really handicaps themselves for thinking the majority of their fanbase will watch dark, elevation, and BTE. I want AEW to succeed but they need to lose their elitist indie attitude and scrap the story being told on YouTube and have it on Dynamite and Rampage.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

They continue and complain about their strikes :heh:…something i’ve been complaining about for YEARS. fukk elbow spamming with no impact or selling.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Sorry brehs.. i realize i am mostly WFH gang and have tons of posts but im not gonna post about these feds 24/7 :mjlol: it's up to others to bring the juice too...

That said.. i had ZERO clue that Sammy/Tay had those belts. i had ZERO clue that those belts even existed. There's TOO MANY belts..

FTR has 3 sets of tag titles and NONE of them are the AEW belts :mjlol:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Deleting the stinks thread was very stupid. We need a catch all for all the dumb shyt these xokpanies do, it’s WAY better than a bunch of little threads with 5 to 10 posts about a fukk up.

Keep a ”stinks” thread for each company and keep the beef light and funny like dogset vs catset instead of grown men doxing each other over liking one company over another. We also need an Indy stinks thread after that GCW show :scust:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
AEW Dynamite will be pre-empted in October for at least one Major League Baseball playoff game. PWInsider reports that the show will be pre-empted on October 19th for the first game in the American League Championship Series, which will air on TBS.

If the series goes to seven games, there is the possibility that the October 26th episode will be pre-empted as well. There’s no word on where the episode might air on the pre-empted days.