AEW - "The Story of a Mark and His Money.." Edit: Brian Gewirtz: "AEW is in the top 5 every week, someone will pay them"

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Wouldn’t be surprised if Tony doesn’t want Punk back. Doesn’t want to make the reseda guys upset.

They had tough competition last night with survivor and the masked singer doing 5 and 3 mil respectively, so still hitting that milly rock is solid to me

I don’t know what kinda colossal number y’all expect them to be bringing in.

Even WWE with their biggest and best efforts only doing slightly over 2 and they’re the big dog in town. Y’all expect AEW to be doing close to the same? Come on now
I have a hard time believing that people that normally watch AEW are like, “nah I’m not watching these guys that look like they work at sbarro play fight tonight. I gotta watch The Masked Singer” my bad if that’s not what you’re saying.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Wouldn’t be surprised if Tony doesn’t want Punk back. Doesn’t want to make the reseda guys upset.

I have a hard time believing that people that normally watch AEW are like, “nah I’m not watching these guys that look like they work at sbarro play fight tonight. I gotta watch The Masked Singer” my bad if that’s not what you’re saying.

AEW has about 850k faithfuls that are gonna watch every single week no matter what, which is why they touch that mark almost weekly

They also have a few 100k people who casually pop in and out on a good week depending on the lineup. We’ve seen them touch around 1.4 million off the backs of those extra eyes

Grand slam did slightly over a million… believing that a few 100k watched the other shyt on tv that night which both more than tripled AEW in viewership ain’t that hard to believe

:yeshrug:

It’s not like they did 600k and I’m saying “well everyone was watching xyz”… they did over a million. Again, their peak is what, 1.4? This whole conversation is literally over a fraction of who didn't watch in comparison to the million that did. Y’all reaching lol

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
AEW has about 850k faithfuls that are gonna watch every single week no matter what, which is why they touch that mark almost weekly

They also have a few 100k people who casually pop in and out on a good week depending on the lineup. We’ve seen them touch around 1.4 million off the backs of those extra eyes

Grand slam did slightly over a million… believing that a few 100k watched the other shyt on tv that night which both more than tripled AEW in viewership ain’t that hard to believe

:yeshrug:

It’s not like they did 600k and I’m saying “well everyone was watching xyz”… they did over a million. Again, their peak is what, 1.4? This whole conversation is literally over a fraction of who didn't watch in comparison to the million that did. Y’all reaching lol
My bad I’m nOt arguing about the ratings really I’m just questioning whether there’s a lot of Survivor and Masked Singer fans that also regularly watch dynamite.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps

Was thinking the same thing, can’t imagine there being a big crossover between Dynamite and the Masked Singer. “Yo I’d love to watch Bryan and Mox play fight for the vacant world title, but I gotta see the celeb who’s singing in this frog costume. :ooh: :whoo:

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
Oh and speaking of the Maskkked Singer let’s not forget who they had make an appearance on there once upon a time. :mjpls:

220421-rudy-giuliani-mb-1156-8139d3.jpg

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
From a financial standpoint, signing to AEW makes sense. Saraha still has some of that WWE luster on her, so she was probably able to finesse Tony and Shad something lovely.
However, rushing back to the ring before her neck is fully healed, just to get paralyzed on YouTube isn't a very wise decision, IMO.
I don't remember Paige being a great talker, but maybe she can be a manager/valet. AEW could use a Francine/Sensational Sherri/Terri Runnels type.

AEW definitely could do with some more managers.